Thursday 7 February 2019

HLS Angling Dad's Army - Wednesday 6th February 2019 - Summerhayes Longs Lake


"Can you help while I am away?", says Bob
"Ok, how long?", says I
"6 weeks", says Bob

You can imagine my surprise when I found out from last weeks Blog that its a permanent posting!

Well let see how it goes.

Danny and I met up early doors for the match on Longs and between us we formed a plan of who does what etc

Mike B recruited a new member from the car park called Claude and that swelled the attendance to 12, perfect for Longs after the recent weather with plenty of space for everyone. Rich Coles drew the Golden Peg on 28, Mike on 39, me on 37, John on 35, Claude on the flyer that is 33, Brian on 23, George on another flyer peg 19, Dave H on 17, Bill (Suns in my eyes) on 12, Eric on 8 and Danny on "crap" peg 2.

We started at 0945 and Claude and Danny were catching from the off but it was slow for Mike and I on the fancied car park pegs that usually do the business this time of year. That's how it remained for 6 hours and we didn't really need scales to confirm who had done the business. 

Congratulations to the winners on a hard day!

Overall

1st Claude on peg 33 with 59lbs 5oz caught at 16 metres on bread and corn

2nd Eric on peg 8 with 49lbs 2 oz

Silvers

1st Danny on peg 2 with 11lbs 9oz skimmers 

2nd Rich on Golden Peg 28 with 9lbs 11 oz

Others overall

3rd Danny 35lbs

4th Bill (Suns in my eyes) 30lbs 13oz

5th Rich 26lbs 13oz

6th Jeff 26lbs 10oz

7th Dave H 23lbs 9oz

The good news is we are back on Longs next week to do it all again!

Call me on 07821542178 if you haven't booked on yet

No comments:

Post a Comment