Thursday 21 February 2019

Wednesday 20th February - Viaduct Cary


Viaduct on Cary was the latest venue for the Dads Army and, just for a change, the weather was borderline perfect!

Today the regulars were joined by Roger Coombs who I understand had been calling Bob in New Zealand to book on this match and this was John's last match for a while, so on behalf of all the lads we wish him a quick recovery.

Steve (our host) pegged us all around the lake this time so plenty of space for everyone. Mike drew me the Golden Peg on 102 with Rich Coles on 105, Brian on 100, Mustard 98, Dave T 96, Danny 94, Mike 88, George 86, John 85, Dave Harvey 81, Bill 78 and Roger 77.

Mike and Rich were soon off the mark using waggler tactics and Brian landed an early carp on the long pole. For most it was a sluggish start and George was surprisingly predicting an early bath but Rich was landing some good skimmers and Mike had a few fish before Bill and I joined the party. Having smashed my pole up the previous day at Summerhayes, when my dog ran after some ducks wrapping her lead around my pole roller and taking that and my pole with her leaving two sections smashed to pieces. Bill to the rescue overnight and I was able to compete after a fashion.

I caught for most of the match and lost a big skimmer near the end which cost me dear. Rich added two big carp (29lbs 6oz) to his bag of quality skimmers (23lbs 4oz) and was a convincing overall winner with a combined weight of 52lbs 10oz. Bill grabbed second with 38lbs 14oz. Mike took the silvers by default with 22lbs 5oz and Danny and I tied for second with 21lbs 4oz.

Well done to everyone else and thanks for coming.

AVALON NEXT WEEK Call/Text me on 07821542178 please if I don't know your coming!


No comments:

Post a Comment