Monday 11 February 2019

Sunday 10th February 2019 - Avalon Fisheries

Please welcome our new blogmeister, Nige Coram.....



So this is my first blog for HLS, please don’t feel offended if I say something that you feel is offensive, it’s all meant in light hearted fun.

May I say thanks for Ms Queen I mean Mr King for the past couple of years doing this blog, true to tradition his post just like Royal Mail often arrived late but better late than never.

So today’s match is at the peaceful Avalon fisheries, well it was peaceful then Phil the “guru tart” arrived after having met Mr Larkham for breakfast allegedly, looked like Shaun had more than one in his over tight suit.

I arrived with my new mate (cold sore the size of a golf ball on the lip) with a torrent of abuse from the queen and lord c - Callum Dicks just doesn’t deserve this.

So with the Northerners being the last to pay (again) it was all in for the draw. Today with 15 fishing and pegs 1-4 omitted we used both sides of the lake. I was honoured to pick the golden peg which was peg 21 - a flier and a sure bet for any angler. 


Now I go fishing to get away from the moaning of her in doors, or so I thought but the  guru tart was bitching about being on peg 5, now except my sarcasm here but no one else put their arm in the bag and pulled out that number so maybe look a bit closer to home when having a little strop and Eric moaning about being on the “wrong side of the lake” and what shocked me most was Mr Larkham (Detol or wet wipe is his new name now) not saying a thing even though he caught nothing the last time he fished this side and he had the wind direct in his face he just trotted off with his trolley. 

I managed to have a quick chat with Mario and he was pleased with his peg as he won from the same peg last time out. The hooter went and most people were on the tip and in we went. Now I drew peg 12 and had nothing on 13 and nice island in front of me. Straight to the island and within a minute a nice carp to 8lb. Second chuck 3lb mirror and I’m thinking this could be a rewarding day. Well that’s the end of that dialogue as apart from a decent skimmer not much else happened. 
Rich was my mate to my right for the day and he also started off brightly but again ended up a damp squib. At least the sun was shining and no ice had to be broken. 

So the hooter sounded for all out and the first person I see parading down the bank is the guru tart telling me how he had 8 but lost 3 - fish that is not stone. So to the  weigh in  - again fish we are talking about here- Phil weighed in 34-2, Eric 44-14 and Mario Tony 45-2. 
So the moaners - Not you Mario - actually had  great day on their fliers but onto the real fishermen - Ross “the stig” Baker  11-8, George “the teenage mutant Turtle” who’s found a little bit of form of late unlike his beloved Bolton - 10-5 and Danny ( I'll stay here all day today) 6-15.

So well fished everyone and I look forward to seeing you at Trinity next Sunday, hopefully Shane will feel better as I miss his bargain basement deal information,  hopefully Brian will return quicker than any of us getting a tax rebate and hopefully Jeff can peel himself away from Summerhayes for the day. Tight lines





3 comments:

  1. Thought I'd give someone else a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great debut, you appear to have a talent !

    ReplyDelete
  3. well done Callum … a nice blog

    ReplyDelete