Thursday 7 February 2019

HLS Shiplate main lake 3/2/19

Shiplate main lake 3/2/19

Sorry for the late blog but this week has been one from hell!! Anyway we went back to one of the best lakes in somerset !!  but the first thing was to defrost my car as it was -8 in Frome!! then the 2nd thing was to get out of my driveway which was hard work as it is a mile long !!! and the 3rd was to make my way to this venue which was a bit scary at times ...only to find it solid with half inch think of ice ..which was a pain ...

I was gutted to be honest as I love this lake and the silver fishing is fantastic ... so I paid my pools and  had a chat with the guys and Phil said we only had 11 as a few called of at the last minute .

So into the draw bag and I got peg 3 but I didn't think it would matter what peg you had today as it was going to be rock hard ...

So I cut out the ice and after 5 hours I had blanked … that's about all I can say but it wasn't all bad news as I had to watch Lord c catching in the last 3 hours and he did well ..and won on the day ….(good lad!)

We only had 4 that caught today so they made up the framers ..ha what a day ..

1st overall Martin 8-8 peg13
2nd overall Phil 1-1 peg 12

1st silvers George  3-14 peg14
2nd silvers Paul 0-13 peg 5 

And the rest of us blanked !!!  So a big well done to the 4 that got bites ...

Lastly I have some sad news ...no good news !! this is my last blog .. .hooray you all say !!! sorry to say but it is a time issue... well a lack of time for me !!! 

So if anyone else wants to do the Sunday blog then please speak to Ross  ..

So this week it is Avalon see you there ..



No comments:

Post a Comment