Sunday 24 February 2019

Sedges Sunday 24th Feb

Todays Task was to master the large Brick lake at the Sedges. After hearing that there was another match on Tile I aimed to get there by 8 to get some nets. On my arrival most of the normal participants were already there unloading their vehicles and netted up.

When I left home this morning it was on the cold side and getting slightly foggy, however by the time I got to the lake the fog had cam in and was just above freezing so hat on and many layers added only to find that I had forgotten my bib and brace so I was going to get messy if I was to catch. A lovely nice warm cuppa soon warmed me up.

I met Sharp Shopper Shane who was collecting the fees and I managed to find a few small silvers to pass his palm, again the last to pay was tax Man Brian who still failed to ay my 50pence from last week and I could see him digging deep to finds that final 50p,

Mario Tony had returned from his trip to the Algarve and the Guru Tart has returned from his short break to Gibraltar. He showed me a photo of him and an ugly monkey but I wasn't sure who was who, but was funny to hear that his cigarettes got stolen by the monkey and kindly distributed in small parts on the floor.

A couple of members that I hadn't previously met fished today Durham Roger and Nuclear Stan.

So with 18 fishing and after a bit of moaning, it was decided to remove 2 peg numbers from the draw. Pegs 1 and 20 were removed. The fancied pegs were the corner pegs of 10 and 11 which Nuclear Stan drawing 10 and Danny on 11. I drew peg 12 which meant I had Danny on one side and the Guru Tart on the other. Now the issues of forgetting bib and brace was that these also had my ear plugs in so I knew Id be in for ear ache today.

Pegs for today on the far bank closest to Tile Lake were Queenie on 2, Lord C on 3, Dave Allen 4, Tax Man 5, Mario Tony  6, Tony  N 7, Durham Roger 8, Quiet Rich 9, Nuclear Stan 10, Near Bank Danny 11, Me 12, Guru Tart 13, Last Hour Dave 14, The Stig Ross 15, Eric 16, Sharp Shopper 17, Mutant Tirtle George 18, Sausage Paul 19.

So the hooter sounded for the all in. By the time I was getting my second ball of ground bail out Nuclear Stan went off like a missile and was already into a lump on the tip. And after playing to the crowd he finally landed a nice carp. Just as he landed that Quiet Rich also hooked into a carp then not long after  Tony N netted.To my Right Danny went out 13m and was soon into the Bream then another then another. I had to wait 2 hours for my first fish with a little skimmer. By now the sun was starting to shine through and it was warming up nicely so of came those layers I put on earlier came off and I sat there In a Tee Shirt for the remainder of the match. I couldn't see much else going on but I could tell Queenie was catching as he didn't stop talking.  Nuclear Stan was still catching on the tip as I seen him bag carp nos 2 and 3 before noon. At about 12.30 on our side of the bank we just couldn't get bites - although Danny had a nice 14lb carp and then lost another before netting a 6lb common.

The Guru Tart was moaning like a goodun, he quoted "I've never blanked here before"," If I don't catch a fish in the next 5 minutes I'm giving up" - Oh I crossed my fingers so hard, then bang - he hooked into a carp, a small 4lb but a fish is a fish.

It was strange as after such a positive start, well for Danny on our side, it just died and not many fish were caught, however the other side seemed to be stacked. I think if Danny had gone on the tip to the margins he would have bagged but a true pro and fishing for silvers.

I couldn't wait for the all out so with 15 minutes to go I had had enough and started to pack up as did most on our side and a couple on the other. Rumour had it that Queenie was bagging and Dave Allen did well for silvers.

So the standings were as follows

Overall

1st Queenie - 53 - 5
2nd Nuclear Stan - 31-8
3rd Roger 15-10

Silvers

1st Dave Allen - 18-12
2nd Danny - 7-0
3rd The Stig Ross - 6-3

Next week we are back at Summerhayes on Longs - Don't forget to book your place with the Tart

Pics of today below

 
Bit foggy to start

 
Starting to clear


 
Nice fish Danny 14-2

 
Results







No comments:

Post a Comment