Monday 10 December 2018

HLS Trinity waters 9/12/18

Trinity waters 9/12/18 Woodland lake
 
 
Well after the strong winds and rain on Saturday night I was hoping to wake up Sunday to find it had gone .um no ! it was still going for it at 6 o'clock Sunday morning in Frome  and I was thinking it could be a tough day on Woodlands as it lacks cover and as I have said before Bridgewater is always windy .. anyway  I met Dave and Lord C at Street mac ds and the wind was still strong but the rain had gone which was a bonus …
 
We made are way to Bridgewater and onto to this  Fantastic venue and I had a look at the lake and it looked like the Amazon river it was really coloured and I was thinking that the wind we have had over the last few day have churned it up and I have never seen it like this before.
 
While looking at the lake it was obvious that pegs 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,,9 had all the shelter and looked nice and the rest had waves ..so I wanted peg 2 or 6 just to have a days fishing out of the wind .. I paid all my pools to Shane and had a look at his new seat box and I must say it is probably the best looking seat box out there  ..and those Rive boxes are well made .. Then he was telling me he also brought one of the new Matrix side trays which look great and looks very well made ..and then lastly he put on his new red and black Gore-Tex ..and I was thinking he looks the part ..and at this point I was thinking he looks like someone else in the club ? …
 
Anyway while I am thinking about it the "Guru tart" is selling his Guru stealth seat box and he asked me is I wanted it but I declined it as I have a great seat box … mine looks just like Shanes ??? He said he wants £150 for it so first come and all that ..please speak to him if you want it
 
So into the tub of dreams and I pull out peg 2 … happy day!!! and then opened up my eyes and peg 14 was looking at me ..bugger ..wind it was then
 
peg 14 ..
 
 
Set up today was just 2 tips rods,a margin rig and a rig for out in the open water for the silvers  ..I did set the pole for 13 meters  but I just couldn't hold it as the wind was strong and it was gusting big time  so I came back to 10 meters and that was just about the limit that I could hold … I had Tony N on peg 15 and The Guru tart on peg 12 and I could see my new mate on peg 17 …  and god did he look good on his new box!!!
 
 
So at he all in I put in 3 balls of Thatcher's ground bait and went out on the 20 meter line with maggot and a cage feeder and didn't have a bite within 30 minutes!! so onto the pole line and it was like holding Phil the "guru tart" back from Somerset angling !! hard work... and I mean hard work!! but I did have a few skimmers .. looking around  I didn't see anyone catch it was so hard .. but at the end a few carp had been caught and I could see the silver boys catching white bait in the margins …
 
Both Tony's started the scales on peg 28 with George (best silvers angler in the club ) who had 2 lumps in the margin and some bits for 29-0 ..then D.T on peg 26 had more bits for 2-11 yes 2-11...then 4 DNW'S .then I had 7-10 of silvers !!! Then Phil "the guru tart"  Blanked !! ..Dave on peg 10 had 14-7 and then john on peg 8 had 4-12 of silvers .. Lord C on peg 6 went home which is rare !!!and graham on peg 2 had one carp for 7-11and the last 2 also had a DNW's  (tony fry aka silver fox and Brian  )
 
So a very hard day but the best silvers angler in the club won !! so dreams do come true!!! well done mate …
 
The winners :
 
1st overall George (best silvers angler in the club) on peg 28 29-0
2nd overall Dave Allen peg 10 14-7
3rd overall Graham peg 2 7-11
 
1st silvers S king peg 14 7-10
2nd silvers John peg 8 4-12
3rd silvers D.T peg 26 2-11 yes 2-11!!
 
 
And this summer seams a long time ago now !!! but it was a close match 
 
 
 
 
Right next weekend is the HLS fur and feather match at Emerald pool's and I think we have 30 booked in so we have 3 lakes which will be JADE,RUBY? (the one behind emerald) and EMERALD … 
 
The club has spent twice as much this year on prizes and there will be 6 hampers up for grabs yes 6 !! so this year each overall and silvers winner will win a hamper .. and the rest of use will get a great prize ..  I would like to thank Tony fry...Martin..Phil..Shane who have give up there free time to sort out he prizes also I would like to thank Danny and George who will be pegging out the lakes on Saturday .. again giving up there time for us so please don't moan about your peg it is what it is .. 
 
There will breakfast at the 37 club from 7 o'clock and the draw will be at 8 o'clock again at the 37 club ..the match will be from 10-3 and then the results will be back at the 37 club  with a buffet paid by the club .
 
I will be running a super pools on the day which will be £5 if you want to do this then please find me in the morning .. I'm thinking about paying the top 2 overall and also the top 2 silvers overall ?? but this might  change due to numbers ..
 
ALSO and this is big news …. Phil "the guru tart" will be donating £500 for the biggest fish which I think is a nice touch … thanks mate you are a star...
 
see you there ..
 
 
 

 





 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment