Sunday 23 December 2018

HLS fur and feather match 16/12/18

 
Emerald lakes HLS  fur and feather 16/12/18
 
 
 
Well it was that time of the year again and the club had our fur and feather match, we had 3 lakes booked at Emerald pools .. Jade, Ruby, and Emerald and I think most of us wanted to be on Jade lake as the silver fishing is great on this lake ..so  a good draw was a must .
 
We all met for breakfast and draw  at the 37 club and I did a super pool for those who wanted to enter it and I think most did !!
 
The club has spent twice a much this year on prizes and we had 6 hampers up for grabs (2 for each lake ..1st overall and 1st silvers) and a fishing voucher for every member .. and I would like Tony fry who has sorted out the vouchers and also Danny and George for pegging out the venue on a wet Saturday afternoon ..thanks guys . 
 
We had 27 booked into the match so we put 9 on each lake which was about right .. so after some grub we got the draw under way and I put my mitts in the bucket and I had peg 10 on Emerald looking back at me …. and as I wanted to fish for silvers I was a bit gutted cos it's a carp peg !!! oh well water pigs it is then...
 
 

My home for the day peg 10
 
 
So I parked up and dropped my gear off and I was thinking I might have a chance here as I have seen this peg do well in the past but looking around I could see Bill to my left and Eric my right . and Tony N  and Dave bull were on the island pegs...
 
 

 
WOW it must xmas cos Eric on peg 1 has got his pole out !!!
 
My plan was silvers but I had to change my plans when I got this peg ..so I set up a dobbing rig to fish over to the reeds and a pellet rig to fish a foot away from the reeds/bridge ..and was hoping to catch well on the bridge but I never had a bite here all day .also I never had a bite on the dobbing bread rig … so my last rig had to work  and I had a few carp on it but I lost 3 in a row and that was it for me I never had a bite for the rest of the day ..gutted !! I think I had 10 carp  by 11.30 and was thinking I was going to do a big weight then bugger all for the rest of the match … I could see Danny and Dave catching silvers over the far side an ad that feeling I was going backwards with every hour passing ..and 3 o'clock couldn't come fast enough ..
 
At 3 o'clock  we called the all out and started the scales on peg 1 with Eric who had 1-5 of white bait and a few carp for 8-2 for a total of 9-7...then D.T and Shane  both  had D.N.W's (and i wanted one of those pegs for the silvers) .. then Danny on peg 5 had 8-7 of silvers and 5-9 of carp for a total of 14-0 next up was Dave Allen on peg 6  who 10-8 of silvers and a carp for a total of 14-7 then over onto our side of the lake and Bill the paste on peg 7 had a few carp for 14-6 then Dave bull on peg 8 had a D.N.W and tony next door on peg 9 had 15-0 and I was thinking oh shit …. then I was last to weigh in on our lake and put on 25-11 ...so I had a good 1 hour or so ..
 
I had won our lake and won a nice hamper and my good mate Dave Allen had won the silvers and also won a nice hamper ..happy days
 
 
 
Over on Jade lake Dave Harvey won with 35.6 and Mike won the silvers with 15-2..so well done to both.
 
 
 
And the last lake was Ruby … Who was won by all round Mr nice guy Paul who had 33-8 and the silvers was won by Lord C with 6-0 …. ouch !! So again well done to both and again both got a nice hamper
 
 
 
SO well done to the winners and also well done to the super pools winners who were
 
1st overall Dave Harvey
2nd Paul
1st silvers Mike
2nd silvers Ross..
 
Anyway we went back to the 37 club for food and a pint ..and I would like to thank the club for paying for this ..we had some sad news in that Tony Fry has said he will not be doing the chairman's  job next year and again I would like to thank him for his effort and time he has put in and trust me it is a thankless job !! I think going forward the club should be ran without a chairman and treasurer and we should pay all the money out that we take on the day ..I am sure that Shane would be happy  to keep doing the money side of things on a Sunday but you need to ask him ?..also I still think that it should be a £10 joining fee and this could be used for our away day to Todbar manor ?? I would be happy to help out with the scales .. and I am sure Phil would be happy to keep doing the booking in ?? again you need to ask him ..
 
We have a good club here and it would be a real shame if it went Pete tong! it seams like it has been the mid week lot v's the Sunday lot !! which is a real shame and I hold my hand up I was pissed of with how it went last year But I think the club has to come first and at the end of the day its  only fishing ..and we all love this sport ..
 
So again I would be happy to do the scales /golden peg unless somebody else wants to do it ??.. But I will be giving up doing the committee as of now as I get fed up with it (thankless task) and it's a nightmare doing meeting in Bridgewater which is a 70 mile round trip.. I have no ill feeling with anyone but that's how I feel about it, and a new year and new start... and I want to just fish with the club and not get moaned at every week .. like I said we have a great bunch of lads in the club and I for one want to see it go on for years to come ..
 
So there will be a AGM at the 37 club on the 4/1/18 and you should go but I wont be there as I cant offer anything to the club ..well only doing the scales and blog and golden peg but again if anyone else wants to do this then you can lastly Tony F has sorted out the venues for next year (below) and again thankyou tony for this …
 
I hope you all have a great Christmas and look forward to fishing with you all next year  … ho ho ho ..
 






No comments:

Post a Comment