Thursday 6 December 2018

HLS Angling Dad's Army Wednesday 5th December Trinity Woodlands

What  a day!!!!   The good part was,   it was dry when we were setting up, and again when packing up, but during the match RAIN and more RAIN.

Twelve of Dad's Army arrived for a real trial by combat, and there were no hot drinks today as Misha was on the school run.   We heard Lily really likes school.

Back to business which did not take long.   At the draw Bend It got the Golden Peg again ,he won last weeks, today it was number 27.  The lads were up to the usual, taking the proverbial with no one exe
 Everyone wanted a rear bank draw out of the wind, there are no prizes guessing where I drew.  I was on peg 9 on the far bank, sandwiched between Tivi and Tungsten.

 I was time for the all in, we fished until 15-00 hours today.   As the match progressed it became obvious at our end of the lake fish were a rarity.   Eventually Tivi had one, but he denied seeing a bite?   It took two and a half hours before my first bite which was a whole two ounces.   It was really tough, and the weather horrendous, I was thinking a warm bar and a pint might be preferable, but if I did that, the guys might all follow, and I would be in the chair.!!

When the Nasty Old Sheriff me the weigh in sheet it looked like the top end of the lake fished a different match to us.   Where did Bill the Paste find five carp for an outstanding  40lbs 5ozs?  I was impressed.     There were three good silver weights on the near bank,;  congratulations to Bend It who came out top again with 10lbs 1ozs of silvers, plus 11lbs 2ozs of those vermin.

When I left the car park, last as usual, my thoughts were,  all the Dad's Army were winners as despite the conditions we all enjoyed a days fishing together as friends.   Roll on next Wednesday for a repeat performance no matter the conditions.

          Emeralds next Wednesday where there is a top limit of fourteen.  Don't get disappointed.


                                                    Bob


                                           
 























No comments:

Post a Comment