Tuesday 4 December 2018

Sunday 02-12-18 - Sedges Tile Lake

Greetings from the Grinch...... Bah Humbug and all that.....

It's was lovely to escape the seasons madness for a few hours and visit the lovely Sedges fishery where we are warmly welcomed and served with hot drinks and hopefully a good days fishing.

Last week it was Brick lake, so we would see if Tile was more productive today. It was very mild and many were casting off layers of clothing. I was fishing for silvers and fancied the far bank, pegs 21 to 30.

The bucket of dreams gave me peg 21 so I was happy. I had Steve King to my left on 23 and then George (elephant foot) Fletcher next to him. They kept up a running commentary for most of the day. Especially when Steve netted more and bigger skimmers than George.

At my peg, I set up a waggler rod, tip rod with small feeder, 13m pole line and 6m pole line. Bait today was a small amount of Black Magic Gold groundbait, dead pinkies, live pinkies, white and red maggots and casters.
I started on the waggler at about 18m and got bites straight away from small skimmers. The 13m pole line also gave me bites but no fish of any size. I kept changing between these lines and eventually found some decent skimmers. I had one bite on the 6m line from a good skimmer and I didn't bother with the tip rod.

I had bites throughout the match but they were not as often as Steve on 23 and his fish tended to be better. It looked like he was fishing 16m and 8m. I knew how George was doing because he went quiet meaning he was concentrating. But he wasn't doing as well as Kingy.
I couldn't see or hear anyone else but word got about that Dave Allen was doing well on 28.

And so at the all out the scales started with me and I put a meager 9-10 on them.

The winners were, paying out only 1st and 2nd, today.....

Overall
1st - Martin Western, peg 30 with 46-3
2nd - Tony Newell, peg 35 with 37-10

Silvers
1st - Dave Allen, peg 28 with 39-14
2nd - Steve King, peg 23 with 21-7

Next Sunday is at Trinity Woodlands, so book in with Phil the Guru Tart.



No comments:

Post a Comment