Monday 6 August 2018

Summerhayes 5/8/18


Summerhayes 5/8/19 longs lake

looking up from peg 37


looking at golden peg 1




It looked like it was going to be another hot day so I stopped off on my way  to the lakes to get some more water ..and with a lack of shade I made sure I put some sun factor 30 on !!!

When I got to the car park it looked empty and tony fry (silver fox) said that we might have only 14 !! so there was going to be plenty of room ..

So I collected 3 nets hoping for a day bagging and then that man Eric also collected 3 nets !! mm game on !

Then Danny (Pinocchio baits) asked  all members if he could put a bench between  pegs 34 and 35 as he has drew it that many time this year ….And today was the same story ….peg 34 … and I had bad boy George next to me moaning all day about it  !!!!!


The new bench for pegs 34-35
And the plaque is inscribed with
"A place close to my heart as I win all the hls silver pools from here  "
" Donated by Danny @ Pinocchio baits"

 
Anyway in the end we only had 12 which is a crap turn out but still all to play for ….. the golden peg today was peg 1 and looking at the pegs selected today I was thinking who ever got there fingers  on it should do well as they had 8 peg empty to there left and 3 to there right !!
So into the bucket of dreams and I pull out peg 19 !!! oh joy I was thinking as I would like a change of scenery as I have been in this area 6 times in a row now....
 
looking around I had roger( Hovis baits) next door on peg 17 and George (best silvers angler in the club) moaning about Danny on peg 23 …
 
I set a 2 paste rigs and a banded pellet rig  also a tip rod  and that was it for me . At the all in I started over to the mud bank and had to wait for 15 minutes to get my first bite and  thinking about it  I am sure  it was a bit shallow and with the sun out  I'm sure  the pole was spooking them!!!! So out on the tip rod and started catching well …looking around I could just see the back of Stan on peg 10 and I could see his landing net going in and out so he was doing well and also I could also see Eric on peg 28 doing well... 
 
I had a great last hour fishing the paste down to my left and I had a better size carp so I thought I might have a chance …..
 
Danny and Tony N started the scales on peg 1 with Shane and he put on 89-0 to go into the lead and at this point he was winning the golden peg !!!! then a delay as they had to wait for the bus to turn up as it was such a long walk to the next peg !!!!!!!!! next it was Stan on peg 10 and he had 100-11 to knock Shane of top spot !!! then onto peg 12 who had D.T on it and he had 61-10, Tony N on peg 13 went for silvers and had 13-9, Colin on peg 15 had 41-7 , Roger (Hovis baits) on peg 17  had 37-15, me on peg 19 had 209-5 , George (best silvers angler in the club) had 14-14 of silvers and 28-13 for a total of 43-11 then it was onto that man Eric on peg 28 who had 179-11,Graham on peg 32 had 36-14 and then Danny (Pinocchio baits) who had peg 34 again!! and  put on 21-11 of silvers and 22-13 of carp for a total of 44-8 …. and then it was the silver fox on peg 37 who had 69-12 …
 
So a hot day again and it  fished well, but saying that we all had a bit of room... well Shane did on peg 1 !!!!
 
1st overall Steve King peg 19 209-5
2nd overall Eric peg 28 179-11
 
 
1st silvers Danny (Pinocchio baits) peg 34 21-11
2nd silvers George (best silvers angler in the club) peg 23 14-4
Next week we are at Avalon so please book in with the guru tart , tony fry … have a good week .


No comments:

Post a Comment