Monday 30 July 2018

Viaduct fishery 29/7/2018 Cary Lake


 
Viaduct fishery
A short trip today for me which makes a change from the normal hour plus journey to Bridgwater … Turning up in the car park it was nice to see Dave and he said he might fish a bit more from September which is great … We had no Shane today so Tony asked me to sort the money side of things but we  needed the booking in sheet that the guru tart had!! but as he didn't turn up we had to wait to see who we had today !!!


I have seen the guru tarts Facebook  page and it turn out that he went to a fishing trade show to ask all the top fishing manufacturers if they could make so more top end tackle cos he is bored of his new £3000 pole and his 2 new rive seat boxes  … I joke you not … As a club we are just wanted the guru tart to turn up with the list …
Anyway it turns out that we only had 15 …. which is poor but we  had few guys fishing other matches and on there holidays  etc … oh and the guru tart was busy buying new gear !!!
So it was decided to pay only the top 2 in carp and top 2 in the silvers … The golden peg today was peg 105 and with Ross on it  might go ….. just ask the river Brue boys, as Ross turned up for one match and won it with under 3 lbs and walked ….well ran....um  no chased with pick forks with £500 in his back arse pocket … god it still puts a smile on my face every time I think about it.
So with all the money sorted we started the draw and I wanted peg 109 or 90 for carp and 77 of 78 for silvers and into the tin of dreams and I find peg 98 looking at me so I wasn't sure what to go so set up to many rigs which is not a great start and I think this comes down to the lack of confidence on this lake … it is full of zoo creatures and I find it hard to fish for lumps but need must !!!!
what I should have done was to fish a tip rod and a paste rig but I set up a slapping rig and a deck rig a silvers rig and  margin rig and a wag rod and a feeder …… muppet !!
Tony shouted the all in at 10 o'clock "The guru tarts job but he was to busy buying new gear" and I started on the slapping rig and had 2 carp in the first 15 minutes for 28 lbs  then the wind got stronger and they just went ??  I could see mike catching silvers on peg 77   but not much else...D.T  was doing  magic tricks on peg 96, As he could hook a carp on his silvers rig every put in and then it would part company every time ..  but I shouldn't take the piss as I started doing the same ..it was just a case of picking up a few carp here and there ..and I ended the match with 8 small carp for 89lbs and lost 17 lumps so a bad day for me and in hindsight I should have gone for silvers as it would have been cheaper tackle wise
So after 6 hours of putting on new hooks lengths  it was over and … boy the carp on this venue all have v8 engines in them and fight like mad which is a credit to the fishery team …
Matt did the scales and board so a big thankyou from me so I got all my gear back to my car nice and early and waited to see who did what ..
Well peg 74 had Brian (HMRC baits) and he had 43-3,Mike on peg 77 had 34-7 of silvers and 43-3 of carp for 77-10, Kev was next on peg 78 and had 44-11 , tony fry (silver fox) on peg 80 had 129-1 to take the lead ,Paul (Paxo baits) on peg 81 went for silvers and had 14-12, Tony on peg 85 had 132-15 to knock tony fry (silver fox) of top spot …. roger (Hovis baits) on peg 87 had 78-3, Dave on peg 90 had 15-10 of silvers , next up was lord C on peg 94 who also went for silvers and put on 19-9, D.T on peg 96 had 13-8 ,I had 89-3 on peg 98, rob on peg 100 had 27-1 of silvers which was funny as he was next door to that man George (best silvers angler in the club) who had 20-5 of white bait … Ross on golden peg 105 had a DNW ( I think he is waiting until it's got a bit more cash in it) and then that man Eric on peg 109 who had 159-11 to take the win again …
1st overall Eric peg 109 159-11
2nd overall Tony peg 85 132-15
3rd tony fry (silver fox) peg 81 129-1  AGAIN !!! (Sorry Tony!!)
1st silvers Mike peg 77 34-7
2nd silvers Rob peg 100 27-1


Next week we are  Summerhayes so please book in with the guru tart …. have a good one 



No comments:

Post a Comment