Thursday 30 August 2018

HL Angling Dad's Army Wednesday 29th August Trinity Woodlands

There was just a little mizzle in the air when thirteen fit men of Dad's Army were preparing to assault Trinity Woodlands.   The expectations were high for a successful attack, with plenty of good fish  held captive by four o'clock.

Tom made us welcome with hot drinks.  The pegs were selected and the business concluded, so it was on with the draw.   The Golden Peg was 22, and Mustard got lucky.   The great thing about this lake, is that you can win from any peg,  so there is generally no complaints about the draw.

I drew 29 just across the bridge, just a short walk with hopefully the sun on my back. later.   Spod and Flo were to my right, with an empty peg on my left.   I gave Flo her dog biscuit while assessing my swim deciding where to fish.   I could see movement at 10-12 metres, so I decided just one swim, feed and fish corn over ground bait, concentrating on the larger version of skimmer.

I am getting really lazy, setting up just one rig to fish 2-4 inches over depth with some distance between float and elastic as there was quite a bit of wind blowing.

At 10 o'clock the rain had gone and we were all in.   Within half an hour Tungsten had landed two carp and lost two, and The Nasty Old Sheriff was catching silvers at a good rate, I thought my nugget looked to be spent.  Spod started getting a few carp and he reckoned bruv Tonto was in for another whipping.   On peg fifteen the Professor was practicing his GREEK in preparation for his holiday!! when he was smashed by another big scaley.

The day improved for me, I was catching a few, but did not give myself much chance, but I was having a really good day's fishing.  It was time for all out, and with regret I had to stop fishing, just when the fish were coming good.

Dan and I met in the car park, and made our way to peg seven to Garters DNW, Tonto was next with 32lbs.   Big Bird also DNW then Tungsten with 29lbs 15ozs of silvers, and just those two early carp.   Onto the Nasty old Sheriff, who as usual was lying through his teeth as the scales read 32lbs 2ozs of silvers and 10lbs 7ozs of carp.   The Professor weighed 26lbs 2ozs of carp , then it was the Golden Peg Mustard who got 42lbs 8ozs, not good enough.   Sausage had 11lbs 7ozs of silvers, and Baz was at his small fish act, accumulating a great bag of silvers for 29lbs 7ozs.  Spod, father of Flo and brother of Tonto weighed 80lbs 4ozs.

I was next, I was a couple of fish short with 28lbs 13ozs of silvers, plus three carp 20lbs 9ozs.  Then it was to the big boys.   First it was Bill The Paste who had amassed 135lbs of mostly scaleys, and that left just Ninja who had struck again with 162lbs 11ozs.

What a great silvers contest, with lots of good weights and  the overall going close.   Our thanks to Trinity; what a well kept and stocked fishery.    Well done the lads for making it a great social day.

Full results below.

The latest on Boy George:  the operation was successful, and
the bandages will be coming off soon.  He should be back in a few weeks.

               Next week we are at Avalon.   There's room for all.

                                        Make it ring

                                                 Bob
                                             




             


                                               


                             

No comments:

Post a Comment