Monday 13 August 2018

Avalon 12/8/2018 - Moors lake

Avalon moors lake 12/8/2018
We had 2 guests with us today John and Steve so we had a total of 16 booked in ...on a personal note I love this venue as it is full of fish and only 35 minute from Frome so it's perfect for me  ...
Me and Dave got there early and had a walk around the lake and I said to Dave  I wanted peg 23 as it looked like it had a few carp in it and with the wind blowing into this corner I expected it to do well ...
Anyway I paid my pools to Shane then dipped my nets then  Eric asked if peg 7 could be taken out as it  has a snag over towards the island  so we put peg 8 in and left peg 7 out ..the only problem with
doing this is that now peg 5 would have loads of room ..but that's life then at the draw  Eric got his mitts on  peg 5 which is a real cracker of a peg ... he would fall in shit and still smell of roses !!!
The pegs in today were 1,3,4,5,8,9,10,12,13,16,17,18,19,20,21,23 (all the left hand side)
The golden peg today was peg 9 and I got it ...so it would be safe today ...
When I got to my peg I was thinking that the only way I could win the golden peg today was to fish for silvers so I mixed up some ground bait and opened up some corn and also I had some worms ...so I set up 2 silvers rigs one for 11 meters and one for 4 meters ..
But as I had 30 minutes until the "all in " I also set up a pellet wag and a feeder just in case the silvers didn't want to play !!!
I had Kev on peg 8 and Mike on peg 10 so some good old chat today with Mike telling me about his lake at the 37 club  and Kev telling me about his teaching day......
At the all in I put 3 balls on the 11 meter line laced with corn and 1 ball on the 4 meter line ....I started fishing on the 11 meter line an the first fish was a 10lbs carp !!! then a 5 lbs carp which snapped my pole float ..grrrrr so I had to set up again and this time I put on a bigger hook then went back out on the 11 meter line and had 2 bream so I was thinking here we go only for the wheels to fall clean off my party ..I just couldn't get a bite and Mike next door was in the same boat as me
So reluctantly I went on the pellet wag and had a few carp on this but and with half the match gone I made a decision to go for  carp so I got of may arse and set up a paste rig and bin the silvers line and put a pot of 4mm pellets ..... thinking I might get a few bream on this but also I would catch a few carp as well . At this point  I could see my mate Eric catching well on peg 5 so game on !!
I started to catch a few carp on the paste and with 1.5 hours left I was starting to think I might catch up Eric on peg 5 and then for 45 minutes I was bagging  and then I made a school boy error as I hooked a big carp which was great but as  I got it into the landing net and it didn't like me so jumped back out and it so bolted under the platform and out the other side only for my top kit to explode into 4 bits and trash my rig ...doh!
duck tape anyone!!!!
so for the last 45 minutes I didn't have a carp  which was a bit of a gutter ..
At the all out I packed up and was thinking I should had gone for carp from the off but that's fishing ...
The scales started on peg 23 with tony fry who let us all have a chance today and put on 63-7,the guru tart on peg 21 was next and had 40-1 then it was Danny (Pinocchio baits) on peg 20 who had 16-1 of silvers and 22-1 of water pigs for a total 38-2 ,Steve was next on peg 19 and had 78-4 to go into the lead ,Dave on peg 18 had 13-10 of silvers ,Shane on peg 17 had a DNW then it was onto that man Tony N who had 15-8 of silvers ..next up it was Rob on peg 13 who had a cracking net of silvers and  plonked on 32-2 of silvers ....next up it was Roger (Hovis baits) on peg 12 and he had 40-7 of carp...then  Mike on peg 10 put on 13 of silvers, I had 113-10  from peg 9 ..next up was Kev on peg 8 had 25-8 ..Then Eric who had peg 5 put on 124-7 to go into the lead (git) ..on peg 4 Paul (Paxo baits) chucked back then it was D.T on peg 3 who had 36-1 and last to weigh in was John on peg 1 who had 59-3 ....
So the winners are
1st overall Eric peg 5 124-7
2nd overall S King peg 9 113-10
3rd overall Steve W peg 19 78-4
1st silvers Rob peg 13 32-2
2nd silvers Danny (Pinocchio baits) peg 20 16-1
3rd silvers Tony N peg 16 15-8
Next week we are at trinity waters so please book in with the guru tart

No comments:

Post a Comment