Thursday 23 August 2018

HLS Angling Dad's Army Wednesday 22nd August Sedges Brick

Dad's Army were at Sedges Brick today,  the lads were drinking hot drinks and giving it the old verbal; what a lot of old rubbish they gab on about, a sensible person listening would be totally confused.

Nineteen were chomping at the bit, so I extracted their coin and got on with the draw.   Peg eight was the Golden Peg, which was drawn by Big Bird, this could have been a nice pay day fishing for silvers, especially as brothers Tonto and Spod, (assisted by Flo the dog) on either side, who are both carp anglers.    Ninja drew the flier eleven, so the carp boys thought they were fishing for second.  The boys think he is a lucky ??? nothing printable.

I was thinking it was a day's pleasure fishing, having drawn peg twenty, which is a renowned scaley peg!!  I just don't carry the gear to cope.   I was looking at up to ten hooks, and probably a couple of rigs lost.   Next on my right was Tungsten, with the Nasty Old Sheriff on eighteen fishing maggot, I wondered?

Across the lake I could see Monkey our guest and Brad, who are both silver anglers.   All in, and I was in a relaxed mode fishing top four in front, caster and corn as hook bait, and a ground bait mix, but not to much.   To my surprise a couple of minutes in and a skimmer is leaping around this was followed by a few roach and some more skimmers.   My optimism was short lived when I espied Danny landing quality fish,  then Dave T started catching, and just to rub it in the carp arrived and my gear disappeared.

Everyone was catching, and I thought the weigh in could be interesting, and maybe close.   Danny and I packed up quickly and headed for peg one, which was Monkey who weighed 9lbs 9ozs of silvers.   He said he had enjoyed his day and the craic with the lads   Spod on peg seven was smiling he scaled 84lbs, which made his bruv cry.  Rob on the Golden Peg weighed 28lbs 5ozs of silvers, and was looking good.   Now it was that time when anybody with a bad back wished he wasn't there!!!  Ninja had three nets and was smirking.   I got the abacus ready and away we went.  It was six weighs with the end product 193lbs 12ozs.   I think we need a handicap system.    Tony Newell said he had only 100lbs, but weighed 108lbs 9ozs for second.   Bend It could not keep a straight face, so we knew it was good, he had 37lbs 2ozs of silvers,  beating Danny who had a very good 30lbs 4ozs.

Thanks to Sedges for the good fishing, and a bigger thanks to you troopers for a very good turnout

Our next match is Trinity Woodlands, a great venue and plenty of room.

                                          Phone please

                                                      Bob


                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment