Monday 20 August 2018

Trinity waters woodlands lake 19/8/18


 
Woodlands lake 19/8/2018
 
 
We had 18 booked into this match today  so we all had a bit of room and with lord C back from his holiday we all had are work cut out !!!!! also George (best silvers angler in the club ) is still not well so someone else might win the silvers ( get well soon mate)
 
I was told that is was fishing hard this week but I think this makes it a closer match so  I wanted a nice draw please!!
 
We got to the car park with a hour to spare so me and lord C had a walk around the lake and I said to martin that I would like pegs 2,15,17,19,20,33  … but we would have to wait for the draw to see what we all get ….
 
Anyway I paid my pools to Shane and had a chat with some of the guys then Shaun turned up with his clean kit and I was thinking that he is class on this water and we would all be playing for 2nd place....
 
The golden peg today was peg 10 and Lord C got his fingers on it … I got the shortest walk in the lake in the form of peg 29 !!! so another carp day for me I had Eric next door on peg 30 and Dick on peg 27 so a bit of room
 
 
my view all day !!!
 
 
My plan was to fish up in the water so a slapping rig was set up also a deck rig a paste rig and lastly a margin rig … a pellet wag (never used) and a pellet feeder ..
 
At the all in I started on the deck rig and it just sat there … and it took 30 minutes to get my  first carp and looking around it looked like it was fishing hard so when I got another one 10 minutes later I was thinking just keep this up and I should be ok ..then my bite stop (I only had 2 in the first hour) and my wheels had fell of my truck big time I just couldn't get a bite .. Eric next door was in the same boat as me and the only person I could see bagging was the Guru tart on peg 15 who was catching big time but I think it was the trees "Muppet" !
 
The guru tart on the best peg in Somerset !!!

 
Half way into the match and my mate Eric next door started to get a few on his feeder and I was thinking he going to beat me again today and with that I started to get a few on the pole … Then I lost all my rig ,elastic on a fish which pissed me off so I had to set up again with a stronger elastic which wasn't ideal but need must …
 
With a hour to go I went on the paste line and never looked back as I put 50 lbs in my net with some right lumps so !!!  I could see Lord C  catching well in the last hour also so he might be the main man today and Eric next door  had a  few  in the last few hours and he is hard to beat … 
 
So with the all out  I packed up and went to help lord C and Danny with the scales and we started on peg 2 with Colin who had 13-9 then next up it was Brain (HMRC baits) on peg 6 who had 49-0 then Kev on peg 7 had 3 lumps for 30-15 !!! John was next on peg 9 and put on 14-14 of silvers then it was Lord C (octopussy baits) ……… Drum roll please …….. well he had 10-4 of silvers and 58-2 of carp for a total of 68-6 but would he win the golden peg ??? ….
 
Ross was next on peg 12 and he was telling us about the golden peg he won on the river Brue and he won £500 with 2-10 … and was asked to never come back so that why he fishes with us !!! anyway he had 11-4 of silver..... Then it was the big gun Mr guru who had been catching all day but the only thing he had was 75-3 of leaves/roots/trees and a lack of fish "Muppet" then it was Danny (Pinocchio baits) on peg 19 and boy was his nose getting bigger by the minute !!! he said I might have a few pound !! um well he had 19-8 of silvers then rob next door had 21-7 of silvers and 24-6 of carp for a total of 45-13 ….Shane was next on peg 20 and had 6-14 of silvers then peg 23,24,26 all chucked back... Dick on peg 27 had a total of 36-14  I had 111-13 and Eric on peg 30 had a 93-12 so a close battle in the end … D.T on peg 32 had 23-6  an lastly it was Shaun on peg 33 who had won the cleanest kit of the day prize but also chucked back …
 
so the winners are:
 
1st overall S king peg 29 111-13
2nd overall Eric peg 30 93-12
3rd overall Lord c (octopussy baits) peg 10 68-6
 
1st silvers Rob peg 19 21-7
2nd silvers Danny (Pinocchio baits) peg 17 19-8
3rd silvers John peg 9 14-14
 
Right next week the club is at Summerhayes on longs lake which is fishing  it head off… so please book in with Phil ..
Also I am away for a week so Phil will be doing the blog …..  the following week we are at Somerton (2/9/2018) Then on the 9/9/2018 we have our away day so please speak to Phil to book in as it should be a good day out ..
 
see you all in 2 weeks  


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment