Monday 11 June 2018

Shiplate farm - 10/6/2018

Shiplate farm 2018
Only 14 today so we were all on hawthorns and as I haven't been on this lake for 2 years I was looking forward to it. I had a walk along the length of the lake when I got there and it looked like there was a lot of fish moving around on the surface from peg 10 up to 15 ..



Looking up the lake from peg 1...



So I paid my pools and had a chat with the guys and it was notable even at 8.30 it was hot and a lack of wind and as I hate the sun I wasn't looking forward to sitting in this all match but needs must.
The golden peg today was peg 3 and Shaun (Willy Wonka) got his hands on it and I have never seen a bald headed guy run so fast to his peg and as he has so much "clean" kit that takes some doing ...but would he win ?? um no!!!
I wanted peg 13,14,15 and I didn't like the looks of peg 1,2,3,4,5,6.so into the buckets of dream and I had peg 5 looking at me ..oh well at least a short walk ..
I had Kev on peg 6 and the most consistent angler in our club and probably the best silver angler in the HLS Sunday gang on peg 5. And, he told me he would be going for them again today as it was like taking candy from a child !!! His words not mine !!! But I'm sure he wouldn't have it all his own way as the big guns aka George (best silvers angler in the club, well the 3rd best) and Danny (Pinocchio baits) would be doing what they do best and try to tempt the silvers.
I set up a paste rig, hard pellet rig, margin rig and last but not least a rig to fish over to the far bank but this was a pain in the arse as I had to break down the pole 3 time when shipping back .
My match was very challenging as the fish just didn't want to know. I had a few over on the far bank, 1 on the paste rig, none in the margin, and in desperation I set up a tip rod and had 5 on this. Meanwhile, Lord C (octopussy baits) on peg 4 was foul hooking his big skimmers and at one point he had 6 in a row all in the arse!!  I would have put them back ….but would he beat George or Danny ??
I could hear Kev next door trying to catch  flying fish in the 40ft tree and also Willy Wonka on peg 3 moaning that he was getting his kit dirty and that he was going to go home early and power wash it all down !!!
Then Lord C (octopussy baits)  said with only 5 minutes to go that he hooked a skimmer in the mouth and that it was the only one he got in the mouth all day !!! When tony called the all out I was cooked and just wanted to get the air con on in my car !!! It had been a hot day and no wind and I am sure this had a effect on the fishing as this lake is normally fantastic.
Myself, Tony and Lord C did the scales,  so we started on peg 15 with  Shane and he had 23-15 to go into lead...(sorry Shane) then D.T  on peg 14 had 7-7 of silvers and 11-2 of carp for a total of 18-9 .. Simon on peg 13 had a great net of prime carp for 54-7  , Tony Fry (silver fox baits) had a D.N.W then onto the first big gun ...George (in his words the best silvers angler in the club) had 10-10 of silvers and was winning the silvers pot for all of 10 meters as the second big gun  Danny (Pinocchio bits) on the next peg put on 11-13 of silvers and a few carp for 18-13 ..and  George didn't believe us  and still thought he was winning (such a big ego for a 4ft man) .. Roger on peg 8 had 15-4 ..then Stan on peg 7 had 40-7 to go into 2nd place and I was thinking I didn't have that !!!! Kev had  one carp and chucked it back ..I had 3-5 of silvers (all in the mouth and fished for!!) and 44-5 of carp for a total of 47-10. Then Lord C had 12-4 of foul hooked silvers and 26-3 of carp for a total of 38-7 ...Willy Wonka on peg 3 went home early. Tony N on peg 2 chucked back his fish.. and lastly it was Rob who had 4-7 of silvers and 37-9 of carp for a total of 42-0 … 
Top bloke George with his 1st in the silvers net...sorry 3rd in the silvers, again !

Steve the owner said it would fish hard today and he was right ...but this place is right up there as one of the best in the area and we are all lucky to have it on our door step  …so thanks for having us today ...
So onto the winners
1st overall Simon peg 13 54-7
2nd overall Steve King peg 5 47-10
1st silvers Lord C peg 4 12-4 ........3 weeks in a row!!!!!!!!!!!!
2nd silvers Danny (Pinocchio baits) 11-13
3rd silvers oh yes only paying top 2 !!!!
Next week we are at Landsend so please book in with Tony Fry (silver fox) ….
The photo below is me and lord C getting his hook back at the end of the match as he got snapped up......  thanks Steve for the use of the digger...
lord c and that foul hook rig ….

No comments:

Post a Comment