Friday 8 June 2018

HLS Angling Dad's Army Wednesday 6th June Trinity Woodlands

We were at Trinity Woodlands today, and eleven of Dad's Army were assaulting this lovely fishery, on a very pleasant day.   Misha was looking after us, and we had pegs eight to twenty seven.   I sorted the money, and selected eleven of these pegs, leaving out the flyer fifteen.

Everyone was happy.   Wo2 Bill drew fourteen which was the Golden Peg.   Boy George, our professional moaner, drew eight saying all the fish are at the top end, the Sheriff shut him up saying, all the fish would move away from the other anglers and end up in his swim.  (Not until four pm hopefully).

I drew twenty four which was next to Mustard with The Brad just across the corner, and next  The Wizard on seventeen, who was casting into the flyer fifteen, the jammy git.   All in and sure enough the Wizard was catching fish.    Mustard was splashing about, but it was strangely quiet around the lake, there was definitely a lack of abuse and insults!!  I could only think the lads were concentrating  on their fishing?

My day was going to be 11 metres in front, and down the margins.   So it was in with some feed, and corn on the hook.   After half an hour, nothing, so I switched to meat, and things looked up with small skimmers and a couple of flyers.   Alas not to last, my swim started to look like a jacuzzi, with my float moving around like it was in the rapids.

I switched to down the sides, resigning myself to catching smaller fish, which kept me busy,  but even here the scaleys moved in.     Nevertheless I enjoyed my day and was reluctant to shout all out.

Dan, Mustard and myself did the honours, there were no DNWs, today everyone had fish.   The Wizard did justice to his good draw, winning overall with 61lbs 4ozs.   Well done to Mustard who was second with 50lbs 2ozs.   The silvers went to that Nasty Old Sheriff, with myself just ounces behind for second; I handed over a tear stained nugget.

     
           It was a great day all round, and I'm looking forward to next Wednesday with a visit to Shiplate Hawthorns

                                                         Bob


                                                       



No comments:

Post a Comment