Thursday 28 June 2018

HLS Angling Dad's Army Wednesday 26th June Summerhays

It was Wednesday, hot, and getting hotter.  I wondered if Dad's Army would survive they were kitted out in their tropical KD and looking good.   There were ten of us on parade at Summerhays,  Pete was supplying the drinks, and giving us all the duff gen.

I had never seen Tonto down to just his shirt, and when he flashed his bare tum I thought don't take it off please.   Even Danny was taking off a few layers!!

I selected what I thought maybe the best ten pegs and did the business with Pete.   The Golden Peg was seventeen and Tonto struck AGAIN.   All the lads, even Boy George, looked happy, he was drawn next to The Sheriff, so he would be getting another lesson on how to catch silvers.

I drew thirteen with Tivi Dave to my left, and Ninja on my right, so I looked forward to a nice quiet day.   This swim starts shallowing up just halfway across, so comfy fishing just at the bottom of the slope feeding ground bait and particles, with caster and maggot on the hook, quite simple really.

Everyone was in position and loaded, it was time for all in and the attack to start.   Tiv was down the edge doing a carp thing,  Ninja as usual was splashing about with his haul of scaleys , occasionally appearing at my shoulder trying to free his gear from snags.   My day progressed with a steady catch of roach and small skimmers.   I was very happy, my float was moving and fish were there.

After a couple of hours I glanced towards Tonto, he was still doing his impression of Buddha, and the lad's were all doing what they came for, enjoying the day and catching fish!!   There were no DNW's today.

I caught all through the match, but I did not think it was enough to win.  I lost my mandatory rig to a scaley varmint, but who cared.

It was all out, and The Nasty Old Sheriff and I met up to get the scales and board.   I asked how had he done, and when he replied he had caught a few bits, I knew he had won the silvers; another nugget in his deep pockets, jammy little toe rag.

On to the weigh, Tungsten had a mixed bag of 27lbs 10ozs.  Then on to Eric the Ninja who said not much and  then weighed 87lbs 3ozs Aye man!   I managed 15lbs 5ozs of silvers and a couple of carp
Wo2 Bill had 50lbs 6ozs, and our Professor Kev 33lbs 11ozs   The Wizard  got 65lbs 1oz, and Boy George blew out with a mixed bag of 17lbs 15ozs.  No guessing who won the silvers with 21lb 2ozs well done Danny and Eric, and thanks  to Pete for a great day's fishing, under difficult conditions.

                    Next Wednesday we visit Shiplate Hawthorns.  Let's make it a memorable 4th of July                                            for all the right reasons.

                                               It's Dog and Bone time, make it ring.

                                                                              Bob


                                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment