Thursday 19 October 2017

Wednesday 18th Oct 2017 - Trinity Woodlands

Another Wednesday, another match, the venue Trinity Woodlands.    We had seventeen stout!!  fellows today, including a new Wednesday member John, and the craic was pretty good.

Misha looked to our needs this morning, making hot drinks, and helping select the pegs to be fished.    I collected  the coin, paid our dues, and sorted the pools;  then we had the draw.    Ninja got lucky with the Golden Peg number fourteen, I was next door with thirteen, so I had the privilege of watching and hearing Eric hauling carp into his net, which were caught mainly on worm. Eric was the runaway winner of overall and extra nuggets from the the Golden Peg fund.

I was looking for skimmers, and so I fished maggot caster and worm, over grounbait and loose feed.     I had a serious lack of memory, I forgot to bring my nets or groundbait!!    Marilyn arrived five minutes before the off with the nets, and Kev supplied a bag of groundbait; the day was good again. 

Horny tooted and off we went.    It was not long before I had my first skimmer in the bag on a single red maggot.   I had decided to go for quality today, so it was out in front; I could see the Nasty Old Sheriff doing the same.    This did not win, it was first and second to margin fishermen, Bad Boy George and New Boy John on caster.

The highlights of the day for me were two nice tench, about three pounds, and the second, the very reasonable price charged by the fishery A BIG THANK YOU.

Please see the results below.

I now have twentyfour names and money for the Fur and Feather on December 17th.   Any members wanting to fish please come forward as soon as possible, as we need to be buying the prizes and making the arrangements.

     On Sunday it's Summerhayes Longs, and next Wednesday Shiplate  Hawthorns

                               It don't get easier

                                                              Chair Bob


No comments:

Post a Comment