Monday 16 October 2017

Sunday 15th October 2017 - Sedges Tile Lake

The day was Sunday 15th but as it progressed I'd would have believed it to be Friday the 13th!!

It was my monthly outing with this fine bunch of men anglers misfits  fine bunch. It was a full house for Tile lake and the weather conditions were forecast to be kind to us.
I had come with carp in mind today after many months of silvers fishing so my bag was filled with a selection of pellets, meat and corn. I had more or less decided on my plan of attack and so when peg 28 came out of the bucket, I was happy that I had an island to fish too with either a method or a straight lead. Three pole line were the order of the day; one at 11m, one at 5m and the other in the left hand margin.

For company I had Tony Newell to my right, Steve King to my left and Eric Searle in a favoured peg 30. The breeze was blowing from right to left (from peg 40 to peg 30 direction).

To start with I tried the method, loaded with micros and a 6mm pellet to the island. The silvers took interest but nothing else. I tried different bait on the method to see if that changed things, but it didn't. I then tried the straight lead in various spots to see if I could find any fish, but nothing. The reel on my lead rod decided to fall apart on one cast and I lost a huge amount of line. That went up the bank.

I had fed the pole lines at regular intervals and so tried these next. My one and only bite of the day was a very welcome perch of about 2lb from the margin. At least I didn't blank, ha!!!

As for the rest of the guys, Tony Newell caught on his first cast and continued for the rest of the day to land first place. Next to him Tony Fry had some fish, making me think the fish were gathered in that area. Eric in the corner really struggled in the first few hours but caught up to take 3rd. Pete Cooke on 23 obviously charmed the fish into his swim for 2nd place.

From my position I couldn't see many of the silvers boys but Steve informed me that Danny was working his magic to claim 1st and more nuggets from Bob and George. 2nd was Dave Tungsten and Chairman Bob 3rd.

As the match progressed I knew it was going to be a poor day as my stomach started cramping and I started having dizzy spells. The decision at 2 to get home while I could was wise as the world fell out of my bottom and I've been horizontal now for 24 hrs. For those of you that I shook hands.... Sorry and good luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment