Monday 23 October 2017

Sunday 22nd October 2017 - Summerhayes Long Lake

We were at Summerhays Longs today, and there were eighteen of us contesting on a very windy day.   Six hours to test our 'skills' in the most trying of conditions; we would see.

Peter was busy making bacon and sausage butties, plus plenty of hot drinks.  Treasure collected the money and decided how to distribute the the same.   Next it was the draw, the Golden Pegs were eleven and twenty five, Tivi got eleven and
myself twenty five.

Horny tooted and it was all in.  It was maggot and caster over ground bait for me, with a short pole, the weather allowing nothing else.  It was a slow start, but a few small silvers entered my keepnet, plus some carp, but I knew Tungstan had a better catch.   Three hours in and a surprise bream entered my net, which gave me some hope;  but as we all know the scales don't lie.

Today there were a lot of fish caught, so it was a very evenly fought match, with eight weights within ten pounds of the winner Dick, who had 47lbs 15ozs.  Second was Tonto with 46lbs 13ozs, and third Colin with 44lbs 8ozs.

Tungstan won the silvers, with myself second, and Bad Boy third.   I must say the silvers were tough going.   Full results below.

        On Wednesday we visit Shiplate Hawthorns with room for more,  and  next
                       Sunday it's Avalon.

                                               A call would be nice

                                                                Chair Bob


No comments:

Post a Comment