Tuesday 10 October 2017

Sunday 8th Oct 2017 - Landsend Match Lake

The club was fishing at Landsend today, and I know quite a few of the lad's went to sample the first class breakfast that Di serves up.

Eighteen of us fished today, and against the advice given to us by Mike, we all crowded on Match Lake.  A decision I admit favouring, but as it turned out a wrong one.

Treasure took charge of the finances, and Horny seemed to be doing a little bit?  It was time for the draw, with the Golden Pegs eleven and fifteen going to Beaker and Bad Boy George.   I got peg seven, with Kev to my left, and the Chef to my right;  good company, but could I catch fish?

I was fishing light, hoping for bites, but my biggest problem was the very bright sunshine into my eyes, so half the time if I had a bite I couldn't see it.   The day progressed,  everyone seemed to be struggling, myself included.    After four hours of blinding sunlight, all I had was one carp and a couple of pounds of small fish in the net.   So all I needed was a broken four section!  As I watched three and a half sections of my pole disappearing down the lake being towed by a scaley, I thought enough is enough.

I packed up my gear, tossed back my fish, and made my way home.  To compound my bad day, when Danny dropped in the scales to me with the results sheet, I found I may have thrown away second silvers;  that should teach me a lesson.!!

Sausage had a good day, he won overall with 8lbs10ozs of silvers, and 44lbs 5ozs of carp.   Well done Paul off peg sixteen.  The full results are below.

        Wednesday it's Viaducts Match Lake, and next Sunday we visit Sedges.

                      Better times are coming PLEASE!!!


                                   Chair Bob


No comments:

Post a Comment