Thursday 12 October 2017

Wednesday 11th October 2017 - Viaduct Match Lake

It was a Wednesday trip to Match Lake Viaducts   Thirteen of the lads arrived to take their positions on this fourteen peg lake.  Young Badger Matt was looking out for our needs, and everything ran smoothly; drinks, pegs and dosh.

The Golden Peg was fifty, drawn by Terry.   Danny was not to happy with forty one,  but I was very pleased with my peg,  which was forty four.   I had Tonto on my left, and Tivi to my right.   It promised to  be quite a pleasant day, especially so, because the Horny Hedgehog was behind the island, just a couple of toots at the most.

Ten o'clock came and we got started;  it took me half an hour to sort enough servicable pole to fish with;  I was thinking,  just one accident and my match would be over.   From the off I could see Bad Boy and Tivi catching, but I thought Tonto was meditating;  waiting for one o'clock perhaps!!

I was catching at first on maggot, then I changed to caster for better quality, resulting in good roach and a couple of bonus bream.   I also caught a couple of carp, and three F1.   I was feeling quietly confident that I had done well.   The wind was a trial today, more so for others rather than myself, plus the expected Autumn leaves.

All out and Matt came round to weigh in.  The scales were kind to me, I won overall and the silvers.   It just goes to show you really don't need ten grands worth of kit!! 
I don't think they would take my stuff at a car boot sale, or a charity shop.

Full results below.

On Sunday it's Sedges which is full. Wednesday Trinity,  room for all of Dad's Army

          So shoulders back, tits out?  Let's be having you.


                                      Chair Bob.


No comments:

Post a Comment