Thursday 6 April 2017

Wednesday 5th April 2017 - Emerald Pools - Ruby Lake

There was a full section of eleven Dad's Army on parade this  morning, and after my inspection they were passed fit for duty.

I approached Kev, and returned the half of his gear he had left behind at the last match!!  He then informed me he had left his money at home, and could I sub him until next week?   I have informed "AGE CONCERN"

George turned up early, so we went pegging  the swims to be fished;  sorry Sheriff but George selected them.   I then got on with the business, which is not difficult on a Wednesday;   this completed we got on with the draw.   The wizard got the Golden Peg number 9, and with two left in the hat Danny was muttering he didn't want 4 so he drew 6, which I thought was the worst on the lake, and so it turned out to be, it was the only DNW.

I got  4 and was quite happy with the Chef to my left, and my investment Kev on my right , so I was in good company.    Pete and I were sat with no sun and plenty of scum on the water, which brought a lot of comments from some of our friends?? They were not too kind either.

My day started busily with two chucks for two small carp.  I had a really enjoyable day's fishing for 29lbs 3ozs. 

Half an hour in, and Alan's apprentice, his grandson, approached and I paid our dues.  I reckon, with Alan's training, he wil be a shrewd lad to deal with.

This match was another total success.  A bunch of lads who all like to fish and have a craic with their mates.
 
                         On Sunday we return to Emeralds, and next Wednesday it's
                                 Shiplate Hawthorns. I am restricted to 15 on this popular venue.

                                             So get on with it!!


                                                          Chair Bob


No comments:

Post a Comment