Monday 24 April 2017

Sunday 23rd April 2017 - Avalon Fisheries

The sun was shining and the birds were twittering? What am I on about , silly old fart.   Anyway 21 arrived to test their skills? on this popular venue; they all looked very keen and sharp?

Treasure was taking the money and Horny was making a lot of noise, like a cow in labour, but what's new?   Vic sorted the peg numbers with two Golden Pegs 3 and 26, and it all ran very smoothly. 

I drew peg 16, and was happy with an empty peg to my right and Treasure to my left, this promised a quiet day's fishing.   As I had fished on Saturday, I decided on an easy day in the margins after listening to the local advice I should do OK.  My bait was caster and 4mm soft pellet, with a little ground bait feeding regularly.

Horny tooted and we got to it, Treasure had a carp within minutes, and I thought good weights, but this was not the case.    I had a busy day catching mostly roach with an odd bonus fish.   I am sure I would have done a lot better if I had taken Vic and Leigh's advice, as it was I weighed 16lbs 3ozs of silvers with not a carp in sight; enough for third silvers but it was enough for the Nasty Old Sheriff, Tivi Dave, and Bolton George's nuggets; I'm not smirking, but that made my day.

Simon won overall and the golden peg with 55lbs 14ozs and Pete the Chef cooking up a second.   It was a good match, but the carp were not showing in numbers.

              Wednesday it's Trinity Ash, and next Sunday Sedges Tile.  There is room
                                                                                                               on Wednesday.

                                       Get hooked!!

                                                                 Chair Bob





No comments:

Post a Comment