Thursday 13 April 2017

Wednesday 12th April 2017 - Shiplate Hawthorns

The sun was shining but there was a cold wind, this seems to be the weather pattern of late, so the water temperature stays low.     This did not deter the thirteen of Dad's Army who were paying their cash and surmizing how they may come out on top in our contest.

I collected the loot and completed the business;  it was then time for the draw.  Peg 2 was the Golden Peg which was drawn by Kev.   I drew 4 with George on 3 and Tungsten on 5, so plenty of chat today.   I had very little bait, my casters were floating and my maggots were rubbish,  but there were enough for the hook, and with a small amount of groundbait I was ready for the off.    Two thirds out and down the edge was the theory today, I noticed George was fishing in a similar way.  From the off I was catching roach and skimmer in front, then a bonus crucian, so things were going nicely.   A look down the edge, but nothing just yet, just  a perch about 3ozs.   Back out and the carp were becoming active.   I have decided to catch a few of these pests on my light rig and a 20 hook, so just a little patience was needed.

At the all out I had 17lbs of silvers and 25lbs 14ozs of carp;  a great day's fishing, and it was enough to win overall and the silvers.  I hope the bad patch is over!!  George got the silvers by default with 15lbs 4ozs, but everyone caught.  

Thanks to Steve and Reggie for looking after us, and we are looking forward to our return.

                  On Sunday it's Viaducts Campbell we are full, and next Wednesday it's  
                              Summerhayes Longs, I would like some more names please.

                                                    Think fish


                                                                Chair Bob


No comments:

Post a Comment