Monday 17 April 2017

Sunday 16th April 2017 - Viaduct Campbell

It was my monthly outing with the HLS gang (Hookers, Lechers & Sadists). It is also my turn to write the blog and give Bob a chance to rest his wrist.

On arrival at the Viaduct Fishery the sun was out and all was calm except Horny Beards who was complaining of a bad back and had Tonto help him into his gimp suit. The forecast was for a strengthening westerly wind. Those on the far bank of Campbell would be sheltered but would the wind push the fish across to the near bank? I drew peg 111 which happened to be a golden peg and I was told to take at least 5 nets with me. That's a kiss of death!!

I hadn't had this peg before but on arrival I decided it had to be a carp day and so set up a pellet waggler, lead rod, 8m line to fish pellet/paste and finally a margin rig. Baits were 6mm/10mm pellets, soft pellets, meat, bread and maggots.

I turned out to be a game of two halves. Those on the far side and then my side. The only shining star on our side was Brian Chivers on 110. He weighed in 107lb 12oz and had 5lb disallowed for overweight. I only managed 6 carp for 40lb and froze my arse off in the face of the wind. The far side bathed in sunshine, wind on their backs and solid shoals of carp for the match. Top spot went to Dave Allen with 172lb 1oz.

On the silvers side of life, Chairman Bob was next to me on 112 and had a lovely days fishing with a good net of skimmers for 34lb 2oz and top spot. However, I believe there should have been a stewards inquiry as Bend-It Bendell arrived and turned into Bob's slave boy, picking up equipment that Bob kept dropping and advising on many other matters. Hope he bought you a pint Mike!!

Please see the results below......



No comments:

Post a Comment