Thursday 30 March 2017

Wednesday 29th March 2017 - Sedges Brick lake

There were sixteen squaddies on parade today;  Dad's Army showing its strength, but with not to much flexing of muscles.   Our cavalry section turned up on their worthy steeds. i.e two motorized bikes.

Jamie sorted the pegs,  I took the money and paid the dues.   The Golden Peg today is 14, which was drawn by Monkey, but will he do the business??  The draw completed, so it was off to our positions to make ready for the assault.

It was a grey day weather wise, with a strong gusty wind blowing straight down the lake.   I drew peg 5 with Spod Coombes to my left, and Tungsten on my right.   The Chef Pete Cooke drew peg 11; so would he serve up the fish?

At the off it was 13 metres straight out, and I caught some skimmers with maggot and caster the bait.  Surprise Surprise!! in the first hour I had more fish than I usually catch all match, but the wind was defeating me, and it went downhill, ending up with 14lbs 8ozs, but not bad.

Across the lake the nasty old Sheriff caught at the start, then had a quiet spell, but his fish returned, and he ended up with 32lbs of hard earned silvers, beating Monkey into second place with 22lbs 12ozs.   Pete wtih 111lbs got second overall, he was beaten by Simon, not so simple, with 141lbs 4ozs.

It was a very good match with plenty of fish caught.   It was a pity about the wind, otherwise I'm sure the weights would have been higher overall.

                           Sunday it's Avalon, and next Wednesday Emeralds.

                                          You know what to do!!!  ding ding.

                                                            Chair Bob


No comments:

Post a Comment