Friday 17 March 2017

Wednesday 15th March - Avalon Fisheries

A dozen of Dad's Army turned out for muster on what promised to be a great day weather wise.   And so it was, the fishing was pretty good as well.   I came last with 10lbs of silvers, but I did put back a carp.

Anyway, back to the car park where George was dealing in second hand poles, and expounding the wonders of his new pole the M50.  I was occupied extracting a few bob out of the lads and paying our dues, and not forgetting the pegging.  The Golden Peg was number 20.

Business completed, and it was time to take up our positions, check ammo, and present weapons.   I drew peg 13 again with "New Pole George" to my right, I must say it's a nice piece of kit.   It was good to see Kev back in harness after his minor stroke, and as keen as ever.   I must mention the Sheriff having a little moan about his peg.

I shouted all in, and things got underway   I was having a slow start, so I had my first pork pie, watching George catch good skimmers was so depressed I started on another.   The day progressed, and knowing how far behind I was I decided on the margins for an easy day.  I was soon into fish which included a carp, tench, and skimmer, plus roach and rudd of various sizes. 

It was a good day, George with a great silvers weight of 32lbs 11ozs deserved my nugget.   Simon on the Golden Peg 20 weighed 85lbs for overall.   Everyone weighed in with none less than double figures.  Thanks Vic for a great venue.

                         Next it's Trinity on Sunday, followed by Summerhays on Wednesday.

                                                       Get Fishing

                                                                            Chair Bob


No comments:

Post a Comment