Friday 24 March 2017

Wednesday 22nd March 2017 - Summerhayes Sellicks

Ten of Dad's Army Fish Troop arrived at the venue which, weatherwise didn't look great, but this didn't deter the lads.   Pete O'Summerhayes was in good form, both giving and taking some stick, while at the same time dishing out the hot drinks.

After I took the money and did the business the pegs were selected, the Golden Peg being number 10.  It was then time for the draw, I drew number six with Danny on my left at peg eight, so I was prepared for another hammering.  

I shouted all in, and we got underway.   It was about 5ft in depth, so it was a 0.3gr float, a few spread out number 10s for a slow drop, and pinkie and caster for bait.   After 20 minutes I had two skimmers and a small carp so I was feeling quite pleased.    But not for long! that nasty old Sheriff was catching faster and bigger; I could see my nugget disappearing penny by penny.   It was a good day's fishing with plenty of bites, and I'm thinking we must use Summerhayes a little more often.

Weatherwise we had heavy showers, hailstones and sunshine, quite a mixture, just like Danny's net of fish all 19lbs 12 ozs of them, there were skimmers, carp, tench, roach, rudd, and even a very plump GOLDFISH? brought from home I suspect!!!   "Head Chef and Fisherman" Pete Cooke was top with a nice net of carp from peg 23.

      Well done to all.   It's Shiplate on Sunday and Sedges Brick next Wednesday'

                          GET ON THE PHONE


                                         Chair Bob


No comments:

Post a Comment