Tuesday 7 March 2017

Sunday 5th March 2017 - Trinity Woodlands

I was a couple of days back from my holiday at 30 degrees and lots of sun!! to rain, wind and even some hail.  Not Nice!!   There were 21 more lunatics like myself braving the elements.

There is a lot to catch up on, like has Roger started to train for the next Olympics? He went swimming at Summerhays and he even went deeper to retrieve his hat.   I have heard rumours that no one helped him, but he had no complaints, the water only came up to his knees.

It was good to know that two HLS members came 1st and 2nd in the Brue Open Championship which was no mean fete, as it was a 70 pegger, and there are us old duffers still fishing through all the bad weather, 20 plus per match, when the going is tough the tough keep going. Well done lads.

Back to reality, I drew 32, and Tivi drew the Golden Peg number 14, so it was off to the bank.  I had Tonto to my left and Ninja on my right, they are both carp men, but I did not think they would  be busy today.   Horny tooted and off we went. Presentation was difficult, but I was soon catching small fish, but nasty old Danny was catching more, and they were a bit bigger.   Bolton George was getting some nice fish.   Considering the conditions most caught fish, and at the weigh in Wooly Neil came out tops with Horny in second.   George beat the Sheriff for silvers.   I had a busy day 5lbs 12ozs of bits., but all in all a good match, and they were still having the craic inspite of all the weather MAD!!!

Apologies for no results but the rain dissolved them!!

               On Wednesday we fish Trinity Ash for a change, and Sunday we are at Sedges Brick


                          I wonder if Tonto Roger wants sponsoring for his swimming???

No comments:

Post a Comment