Thursday 8 December 2016

Wednesday 7th December 2016 - Viaduct Lodge lake

What a difference three days can make! from all the arctic clothing and ice breaking to 14 degrees and a very pleasant day.   I was first on the scene, so a walk round the lake was a must;  I noticed some renewed platforms and lots of tree cutting back had been done.  Thanks Badger, I am sure the lads appreciated your efforts, its a good investment.

Daddy Badger was looking after us today, his first question was "how many"? My reply was "how the heck do I know" it could have been 8 or maybe 12.   I do wish my lads could use the phone and save me some embarrassment, anyway the final count was 11 fishing.   Steve was mumbling while making out the tickets and drawing the Golden Peg which was 68, I think it was a good natured mumble as I was taking a lot of abuse about how many fingers I had, and questioning my education.

Treasure meanwhile collected the money and completed the business.  We made the draw, Danny getting the Golden Peg.   I thought it was going to be a bad day when George drew his peg and said "I AM HAPPY WITH THAT"!!  which was a first for our George.

I drew peg 60 and set up just one rig to fish pinkie and maggot at 13 metres, hoping for bites on my 20 hook.  I had another senior moment finding I had left my keepnets  at home, but Steve lent me two saying "you never catch any fish to put in them anyway" nasty.

I had Ninja Eric on my left and Tonto to my right, with Spod and The Sheriff opposite.  It was Danny on the flyer who caught from the off, but after a couple of hours I believed I was in front, only for my bites to stop.   I caught very little from then on.  Danny kept catching and took the loot.  A few carp were caught late on, and Wizard Brian won overall

                 It was again another great day out, thanks lads.

                                On Sunday we are at Trinity, and Wednesday next Sedges

                                                            Keep catching

                                                                     Chair Bob


No comments:

Post a Comment