Tuesday 13 December 2016

Sunday 11th December 2016 - Trinity Woodlands

We were graced with a fine day and no wind, so everyone was keen to get on with fishing.   There were nineteen fishing.     The peg numbers were selected and Golden Pegs numbers 10 and 17 were drawn; Danny took control of the draw and Treasure did the money business, it was nice to stand back and let others get on with it.

After the draw I was told I had peg 32, a short walk, which was just what I needed.   On my left was John Davies, and to my right Treasure.   Horny tooted and the match got underway.  Again I kept it simple,  with just one swim out in front, a pencil float, 20 hook, and maggot and pinkie for bait.   Surprise surprise I got bites from the off, but with fish that made whitebait look very big.   Still it was a busy little day, and I did hook a few bonus, just to help the cause!

That nasty little Sheriff drew a Golden Peg and was doing well again; I had not forgiven him for winning everything last Wednesday.   Back to the match, I could see the Wizard catching and GWR beside him too.   George was having his usual day,  looking into the sun but still catching.

A short toot and it was match over, GWR Martin was in charge of the weigh, and I was quite surprised at my 7lbs 14 ozs, which was good for second silvers, but nasty pants had done it again by a distance, weighing 15lbs 2ozs of silvers, well done Danny.   The overall was taken by Martin with 40lbs 1oz.  I must say I noticed a lot of fish lost;  Oh what might have been!!

            On Wednesday it's Sedges Brick, and next Sunday it's the Fur and Feather at Emeralds.   We meet at the 37 Club at 7-15 with breakfast being served. The draw at 8-30, fishing 10-3.   Afterwards back to the 37 Club for beer, buffet and prize giving.

                               Enjoy it all

                                               Chair Bob


PS:  AGM  at the 37 Club 6th January 7.00. 


No comments:

Post a Comment