Tuesday 6 December 2016

Sunday 4th December 2016 - Emerald Pools

This was going to be interesting, 20 of the lads turned up to fish an ice rink?  There were lots of jokes and discussions about what to do, and the end result was, 16 of us hardy souls were going to break the ice and fish, we must have been mad!!!

It was really a lot of fun, we launched a small boat with Rear Admiral Horny Blowers Beard aboard armed with a 10 foot scaffold pole.   A few able bodied anglers hauled him around the lake, while he beat 10 bales out of the ice, my only regret I had no camera.

George and I had pegged out, so everything back to normal?   It was all on the draw.  There was two numbers left in the hat 14 and 3, Danny got 14 and won the match, I had 3 and packed up early; there's just no justice.

The first half hour was spent hauling out ice with landing nets, but we were all set for the toot at 9-45, mainly because it was going to be very simple.

Before the end I took a walk over to see Danny,  just to remember what fish looked like.  Danny had a smirk on his face saying "what fish" as he hauled in another.   I hate smirking especially as I had to part with another nugget.

         The full outcome of an interesting day is recorded below.

                          Next up it's Viaducts Lodge, followed next Sunday by Trinity Woodlands.

                                          Temperature rising, I hope!

                                                   Chair Bob



No comments:

Post a Comment