Thursday 6 October 2016

Wednesday 5th October 2016 - Viaduct Match Lake

Young Badger Matt looked after the eleven of Dad's Army who were attacking the lake today.   Matt selected the pegs and the Golden Peg.   I handed over the lads loot, so business was completed.

The draw was made, and the last peg out of the hat was number 44 the Golden Peg, which was mine, it was the first time I had drawn this.   I made quick phone call to the wife, who is also our club secretary, as she likes to know all is well, and the numbers fishing; then it was off to the bank to set up.

It was a bright sunny morning with a blustery wind, not the best conditions, but I was sure we would all catch fish.   I plumbed the depth, and had just 18 inches of water, so I decided just top two, long line, to hand, I did not want my pole over their heads SPOOKY.  It was maggots and caster over groundbait, an 18 hook and hopefully a busy day.

At 10 o'clock I shouted all in and fed a little groundbait and caster, then in with the rig, 6-8 elastic, I did not want to bump to many, but hoped for bigger fish   After just a few minutes in I was catching roach and perch.   Shawn on my left was catching too;  I did tell him if he stopped skinny dipping and concentrated on fishng, he would do beter as the match progressed.

I got the occasional 2lb fish, Tonto on my right got busy, and the noisy varmint disrupted my karma, but I couldn't complain, I was having a reasonable day, which passed all too quickly.

It was all out, and Matt and Colin came around with the scales.  Tonto weighed in with 53lbs 14ozs, which was good enough for overall.  I was next to weigh, with 18lbs 6ozs, enough to win the silvers and the Golden Peg also. 

The full results are below.

                      On Sunday we are at Landsend and next Wednsday its Shiplate Hawthorns.

                                         Keep at it!!!!


                                                          Chair Bob




No comments:

Post a Comment