Thursday 13 October 2016

Wednesday 12th October - Shiplate Hawthorns

Eleven of Dad's Army mustered for an assault on Hawthorns.  I could tell by the way they rushed around that they were very keen!!   I had another senior moment, leaving all the paperwork at home, but Steve supplied all that was necessary.

The pegs were selected, the golden peg came out of the hat; it was 12 which George got at the draw.   The monetary business was completed and Steve paid.   The weather was good, so off to the bank to set up. 

I drew peg 3 with Robot Duck to my left and Tungsen to my right, both competitive, so it helped me to concentrate.   It was" keep it simple" for me, with just two rigs both the same depth, fishing two thirds across, just off the ledge down the side, with maggots caster and pinkies the bait

I shouted all in feeding very little, and it was not long before I was playing a carp which climbed into my landing net, it was the best part of 5lbs.   This started Tungsten off asking questions, and telling porkies for the rest of the match.   I don't know where he gets all this chatter from, he is normally so quiet?

Anyway for myself it was a very pleasant match, catching most of the day with 15lbs of silvers, and four small carp weighing 14lbs 5ozs.   This was enough to win the silvers.  "Bend It" won overall with 44lbs 12ozs,  on what turned out to be a tough day's fishing.  The full results below.


                Sunday we are at Sedges Brick and on Wednesday next a trip to Emeralds

                                         Bottoms up  (HORNY)

                                                       Chair Bob


No comments:

Post a Comment