Thursday 20 October 2016

Wednesday 19th October 2016 - Emerald Pools

This was our first visit to Emeralds for some time, but its popularity was proven by a strong turnout.  Two sections of Dad's Army were on parade to assault lakes Ruby and Sapphire which both needed pegging.   I new it would mean more earache for me, but the job had to be done, so assisted by Treasure off we went.  On our return to the car park quite a number of the troops were milling around, sorting their weapons and chatting.  I allowed for 12 pegs per lake and did slips for them both.   As the final count was 21 I selected three pegs and took them out.

Treasure and I did the money business and explained how the pegging went, I don't  think anyone listened to me, because after the draw I spent fifteen minutes directing people, who then set of to all quarters of the planet!!!

Eventually I got my gear out of my car, sorted out the paperwork and headed for my peg, which was five.  I was sandwiched between "Bend It" to my left and Sausage to my right, so plenty of chat.   We all started to try for silvers.  Bend It got off to a flyer after I blew the whistle, catching roach and rudd.  I did not do so well with the roach, and after two hours Sausage reckoned he had two nets of leaves, all foul hooked?

The beauty of this venue is we all catch fish, and we all had some feature to fish to, this proved to be the case.   Although the weights were only half what were expected, everyone agreed it was a cracking day.

                  The full results are below.

                          On Sunday it's Shiplate Main lake and Wednesday we are back to Trinity Woodlands.

                                     Ring the number if you are up for them.

                                                   Chair Bob

PS: Blog man reckons that a lot of these 21 were skiving off work and getting tactics for the Xmas match!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment