Thursday 27 October 2016

Wednesday 26th October 2016 - Trinity Woodlands

My main concern at this venue was access, the reason being, the road was closed for resurfacing.   So Treasure did sentry duty at the end of the road, guiding the troops through, while I sorted out the lake end, scales, money,  and pegs etc.
The result was a well worked operation, with eighteen lads on parade, another good turnout.

The Golden Peg was 22 and Tonto struck again, the downside of this was Spod brother of Tonto drew 21, and as his main aim in life is to beat brov, this was not ideal!!!!   I drew peg 9 next to Bolton George, I'm not moaning but I needed some peace as I had received some very bad news about my little dog Mitzi, which I heard later was not to bad, she will recover.

It was good to see Danny back, but he said he may not stay the course with his problems.  I blew the whistle for all in, and we got underway.   I only set up one rig, half my mind being at the Vet's surgery.   I intended fishing eleven metres coming back short later, with the bait maggot and pinkie.

Everyone I could see seemed to be catching some fish, I was quite happy catching roach and the occasional skimmer, as for me silvers are what it's all about.

At the final whistle it was pack up quickly and start the weigh in.   The Golden Peg was quite safe , Spod assisted by Flo (his dog) smashed Tonto.  The Wizard came out on top overall, and Bend It won the silvers, just another routine great day out, with lots of chat and good weather.

The full results are below.

            Next it's Avalon on Sunday, and Landsend on Wednesday next.  Pick up the phone, I need to know.

                                                    Keep casting

                                                                 Chair Bob


No comments:

Post a Comment