Thursday 7 January 2016

Wednesday 6th January 2016 - Emerald Pools

18 of Dads Army assembled in the car park on what turned out to be the best day's weather we have had for a long time.   The fishing was not bad either; plenty of fish caught, Ruby producing better than Sapphire. Bend It and I set out to do the pegging with 9 on each lake.   When we came back to the car park I was thinking we needed more swims, but we had got it right.

Money collected, Alan paid, we made the draw, and spread ourselves around the lakes.   I drew peg 16 on the carpark side of Ruby.     I felt like a daffodil between two dandelions!!  Dave Harvey to the left Pete Robot Duck to my right.   My preparation was nil as I had been busy on Tuesday, the fish were getting leftovers from Sundays maggot and caster, not very exciting.   I bellowed the all in at 9-45  put in a small amount of free offerings and set about it.   My first fish was a roach about 11/2 inches long, and I am thinking all negative thoughts.   Across the lake Simon Garbutt was catching decent roach at a good rate, not good news, and he continued doing so for the next 5 hours.

My day improved, with a steady catch of small carp and roach going to the net, until stopping an hour from the end.   I was feeling quietly confident but Robot Duck's last hour produced carp after carp, wiping me off the map.   Dave, on my left, was using his favourite saying "I dont't know what I am doing wrong" then mentioned he was being hammered by the IDIOT on the next peg, namely me, naughty words Dave.

3 o'clock all out, pack up, and Dany and I start the weigh in.  Danny is having a smirk, which generally mans I have to give him a pound for most silvers, and with 15lbs 8ozs of quality roach he deserved it.  Simon had 13lbs 12ozs of Silvers on  Ruby.  My 39lbs 4ozs was way behind Robot Petes 58lbs 4ozs,  I should have blown the whistle an hour earlier!!  A good match with the results below.
             
                    Sunday Trinity and Wednsday Viaducts Match lake, 14 maximum, so book early 



                                                                Chair Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment