Thursday 14 January 2016

Wednesday 13th January 2016 - Viaduct match lake

Wednesday and the weather's looking good, the frost from the night before melting away.   The lads of Dads Army sounded good and couldn't wait for the draw to get on with it.  Pity I got the names and numbers wrong, but in the end 14 wanted and 14 fished.

At the draw I drew peg 38, which is actually on Middle Lake, next to Roger on peg 37.   I felt like the "Lone Ranger" with Tonto Roger beside  me. Danny and George (back in the country from Bolton) reckoned we were pleasure angling!! but it did not turn out that way.   After nearly 3 hours I had my first bite, and a small skimmer came to the net.   Next door Tonto caught three fish in 5 hours for around 2lbs, not worked to death.   My day got better, and the last hour produced around 6lbs of roach, rudd and perch; at the weight in I totalled 7lbs 1oz of silvers.

It was a good day everyone caught, it was noticeable that the bulk came from one side of the lake, pegs 42 to 45, where John Barker caught 17lbs 4ozs of silvers plus carp to win the match overall,  George winning the silvers by default with 7lbs 15ozs.

Thanks for a good day, see you on Sunday at Sedges Tile Lake, and Wednesday at Shiplate Hawthorns, both matches full.

                                                    Good Fishing


                                                                    Chair Bob


No comments:

Post a Comment