Monday 4 January 2016

Sunday 3rd January 2016 - Sedges Brick Lake

Weatherwise not the best start to 2016, but 20 of HLS arrived to fill all the pegs on the lake, and empty it of fish!!! Thats a laugh.    Everyone had plenty of chat while Denise made drinks and the peg numbers were sorted.   My Treasurer, having recovered from the flu, collected the money and sorted the pools money.  The draw was made and Danny put names to the respective peg numbers.  Danny drew his resident peg 4 , and, feeling confident, I drew peg 12, not over happy with that I trudged though the mud and rain to prepare to fish.  On my right was Mike Bend it like Bendell, and to my left Big Bird Rob Eagle, giving me plenty of competition.

Horny tooted at 9-45 giving us an extra 15 minutes of fishing.   I took out the ledger rod, which brought out comments about which end to use, I ignored these, then had to ask Mike if I could lend a feeder!   Mike and I perservered with the feeder for an hour and a half, then we got desperate and tried everything else,  to no avail. 

The weather improved, and Danny and I did the honours with the weigh in, which resulted in a first time winner overall, Dick Hurford, with a commendable 84lbs 10ozs  off peg 10.  Well done Dick.   The full results are below.

Emerald pools on Wednesday next, followed by Trinity on Sunday 10th. I look forward to seeing you then.

        Don't forget the AGM  FRIDAY 8th at 7-30pm   37 CLUB


                                    Chair Bob


No comments:

Post a Comment