Monday 11 January 2016

Sunday 10th January 2016 - Trinity Woodlands

20 members arrived in time to have a cuppa and  chat before the draw.  Martin Western took a circuit of the lake to decide which pegs to use, Horny was asked to sort out discs with the selected peg numbers on? What happend thirty niumbers in the hat for twenty anglers (typical of a Shakespear bummer boy).  The Golden Peg was on offer for the first time,  the king got his sticky fingers on it, and went off to peg 6 real flyers with a smirk on his face;  51 lbs of fish later I reluctantly placed the spoils in his clammy palm, this accompanied by a lot of unprintable comments from the less lucky ones.  Well done Steve.

 I drew peg 9 between Colin Haggard and  "The Sherrif of Nottingham" Danny.   Toot at 10-00 started us off.   I tossed in a few free offerings and lowered in the float.   I turned to Danny, about to sample my doughnut, when the float moved, and a couple of minutes later a 21/2 lbs bream was in the net; great excitment!   My expectations were high, BUT sadly my float developed rigor mortis, and refused to move for 2 hours.   I did manage a hard earned 4lbs 12 ozs, and mourned the thought of another of my pound coins entering Danny's deep pockets.

The New Year is getting off to a food start, with strong support from the members.  Each week I look forward to Wednesdays and Sundays, good laughs, good craic, and good mates.

Wednesday Viaducts a full lake , and a full lake on Sunday unless anyone cancels.


                                                   Chair Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment