Thursday 26 November 2015

Wednesday 25th November 2015 - Emerald Pools

Here we go again!!! The men of "Dads Army" all turned up early to fish on what is turning out to be the most prolific venue we visit.    15 of split between Ruby and Sapphire lake.  The weather was not bad, just a bit on the windyside.

The draw was made early, and it was decided to fish 9-45 to 15-00, so everyone made their way to their pegs, myself leaving the car park last as usual.  I had drawn peg 15, and was very happy with my swim, After looking at the water in front of me, I made my decision where to fish, and set about accordingly.  My first swim near a small island proved difficult, because of the wind and light, so I switched to mid water, loose feeding reglarly, and it was not long before a succession of plump roach and rudd were in the net, followed by 3 crucians and 2 very  colourful goldfish.   The inevitable small carp came at regular intervals, making it a very rewarding day.

At the weigh in,  Danny and I started with Sapphire lake where Mike Bendell weighed in 42lbs 4ozs  on peg 1, which looked good enough until Robot Duck Cooke came in with 42lbs 8ozs just 4ozs difference.

On Ruby lake Danny came out on top, with a great weight of 55lbs winning overall, myself taking the silvers by default with 13lbs 12oz.

The complete results are on the sheet below.   As you can see there were six weights over 40lbs from 15 anglers, not bad fishing, well done lads!!!

            Next Wednesday we are on Viaducts Spring lake, lets hope for more of the same.


                                            See you then Chair Bob


No comments:

Post a Comment