Monday 23 November 2015

Sunday 22nd November 2015 - Shiplate Main Lake

16 Booked in, 16 turned out on a cold dull Sunday morning, with everyone expecting that catching fish would be very hard.   They were not disappointment, but everyone caught some fish, quite an achievement considering some of the local match reports!

The draw was made and I was left with peg 11.  I set my gear to catch a lot of small fish, with a chance I might get in the frame.  So I blew the whistle and potted in one small ball of ground bait with a few casters and pinkies.   Within three minutes of that the float disappeared, and I was landing a small carp 2 1/2 lbs, not really what I wanted.   After half an hour of catching a few small fish on the eleven metre line,I decided to try the top three where I had been loose feeding caster and maggots, and for the rest of the match  I was kept really busy catching small fish with the occasional 3-4 oz bonus fish.  The weather turned out to be quite pleasant, but I had no great expectations, knowing who were on the better pegs.

Steve and Carol passed on their way to start the weigh-in on Peg 15, and when it came to my turn I was very surprised to see the needle go round to 15lbs 12 ozs of silvers, a really good day's  Winter fishing, and that was good enough to get top silvers.   Rob Eagles on overall, with 15lbs1oz silvers, and 11lbs 1oz of carp, making 26lbs 2ozs on peg 14A.   The full results is on the sheet below.

The entries for the Fur and Feather close on the 1st December   A good turn out for the clubs first one is guaranteed .   I must thank you all for your support.

          Next Sunday we are at Sedges on Tile Lake, will see you then.

                                                    Good Fishing


                                                          Chair Bob    


No comments:

Post a Comment