Monday 24 January 2022

Summerhayes 23.01.22

 Summerhayes 23.01.22


Winter fishing how do you describe it ? Good day - Bad day?  land on em or a Terry Wogan Blankety Blank ? 


So this week we’re on Longs at Summerhayes funny thing is I thought we were on Sellicks for some reason.

I was fist in the carpark this week soon joined by Guru then Yammy Townsend we all had a quick catch up before the carpark started to fill, No Locko or Yogi this week Shame I like to see these guys. 

The weather was set to be cold 🥶 & cloudy & it sure was, this week we’re back to our normal draw I drew 25 hmm not where I wanted to be. I set up a simple out look a .2 Guru Diamond strung out with No 10,s for the open water to my right at 13m same rig done across at 11.5m. 2nd was a dobbing rig main line 0.15 to a 20 on a 0.11 hook length for corn skins or maggots. Guru blew the whistle for the all in, I fed the open water swim with some maggots & a small nugget of Gb then went 14.5 to the sedges on a corn skin didn’t get a touch for a couple of hours I’d already fed a couple of other lines for bites but none came 😅 I went dobbing again on maggots & started to ping a few over feeding different swims to bring in a few curious carp I managed four by 3.30.. 

On the other hand Dave Tunstan was next to me & he was struggling then Westy,  he was dobbing bread & catching. 

I could see Jordy Eric & he was catching well landing maybe not so many, I got to say I was watching him quite a bit nothing else to watch 🤣🤣 he fished a tidy match tbf. Rob eagle pushed past me & said he blew out as there were all carp down by him saying Tony Knewll had done well & the same for Kinger. Yammy said Kinger was busy fishing loads of lines & constantly moving, I’ve not spoken to him yet on our weekly chat he’ll tell me all about it when we do 😃

Sausage done well on the Silvers but Bagger Allen blew out on his day as he told me in the carpark. I didn’t want to hang around so I quickly loaded & got out of there as fast as I could. A good mate of mine Dave White told me something back along at Covey the best place you can be in winter Is by the fire 🔥 & on days like these he’s 100% right 👍


Next week we’re at Trinity hmm how’s that gonna go someone will be on em? Soon be February on a better note 🤣🤣🤣

Tight lines as always see you there 😁👍🎣


No comments:

Post a Comment