Monday 8 November 2021

Shiplate 07.11.21

 So this week we’re at Shiplate but this week there’s a start of a twist, we have our first Winter League for HLS organised by Kingy & I have to say he’s doing a excellent job πŸ‘πŸ‘ this series has certainly got enough interest to give us 21 club members this week, I think I’d be right to say if we weren’t running this we’d be on 14-16 something to bare in mind. I pulled into the car park with Guru & Matrix Tony, we had a good catch up as the other guys were starting to fill the car park.

Looking at the lake it does look the business a well kept & maintained lake a compliment to the team there your doing a fantastic job, pegs 2 -9 did look pretty cold mind with a harsh breeze howling down through, the other side was like a different world full sunshine & a little ripple. Well I know where I want to be & sure enough I drew 12A Awsome I’m in for a nice day if nothing else & even better I had great company for the day, to my right was silver expert Steve Cole’s & my left was Kingy haha he’s gonna get a lesson from Skill School πŸ˜

Looking straight across was Guru Beardsy, Locky & Rich Cole’s what a line up pure class, unfortunately there sat in the middle of winter πŸ₯Ά they looked freezing as me & Kingy were stripping layers off ha πŸ€£πŸ€£

My day was set for all out Silvers - 12m in front Maggots over Gb then a short line to Micro & Corn for the hook, I did a cage feeder but to be fair I didn’t really give it chance.. Popping into Kingys peg before the all in, it didn’t look much different to me we both had Expanders & Worms for a change well that’s my opinion Kingys might be different?? 

The all in & I watched Kingy on the cage feeder & he was getting one a Chuck, it was a little slow for me but that’s cool as I prefer to build & read my swims. I fed nuggets & maggots all day to keep the bites coming basically fishing it all out, nice day,  the short line - that didn’t do a lot apart from a couple small silvers a better one that the hook pulled out & a unit - carp, that I got in on 7 Lacky on a 0.11 bottom to a 18 I was pleased with that but obviously not what you want today anyway. The 12m line I kept quite strong I did get a couple better skimmers that just dropped off for what ever reason & took another Munter, it didn’t really happen after that. Kingy did his fair share of whining my god did he, me & Steve had a running commentary of the boys opposite when Locky & Richy started to catch steady, Locky was strong all day tbf Guru had a couple of carp on the tip & Richy was catching. Ducky Junior the egg man Selway was doing what he does best catching later ha πŸ€£πŸ‘. The weigh in & Westy was favourite to win yep he did with 32lb of Silvers on Corn & soft pellet on the pole well done buddy very good Angling, Locky done 2nd thought he’d be up there. Walking back a few of the Silvers guys were saying not good it didn’t happen for them. I was really happy with what I’d done to get mid field on the sheet. It was a lovely day with great company can’t ask for more. Well. Things are starting to warm up with a simmer going. This Sunday it gets a little more serious as theres a lot in it, it’s going to warm up very quickly & I’m up for it - just keep those bite coming, a fantastic league fished by a fantastic Club. πŸ˜πŸ˜

See you there tight lines πŸ‘πŸŽ£πŸŽ£



No comments:

Post a Comment