Monday 25 November 2019

Sedges - 24.11.2019

Todays outing was at the Sedges fishery on Brick Lake.  A slightly disappointing turn out of 14 anglers were there by 8.30am apart from George who was still smarting over Bolton FC 7-1 drubbing. We went ahead with the draw and drew fro George who eventually managed to turn up. We were fishing 9.30am to 15.30pm and like last week It was slightly overcast but hardly an ounce of breeze and wasn't too cold.

Golden peg was drawn and today it was peg 3

Draw as follows

2 - Brian Chivers
3 - Mario Tony
5 - Dave Allen
6 - Queenie
8 - Tungsten Dave
9 - Danny
10 - John Woolenscroft
11 - Shane
12 - Simon Gardener
13 - Mutant George
15 - Sausage
16 - Nige
18 - Lord C
19 - Tony Fry

I had Lord C for company on my left today and again for the 3rd week I had Sausage on my other. Apparently not a great area for fish but we have to give it a go. I fumbled around my box to find the deepest rig I had as the levels were about 8 feet according to Lord C, which to my amazement he wasn't exaggerating. I set up 1 rod on the tip to cast to near the rope and 1 line at 8m with ground bait and dead reds and one at 13m micro and managed to get some maggots from Sausage as I didn't have time to get any. For the second week on the trot with George next but one to me I could also see that he had set up the tip. I thought to my self that this could be another fun day listening to the woes of George and his master class tip session.

 Sausage as company on my right had set up the waggler and lead just keeping it simple and after last week with his issues with his reel he promised that he'd bathed it in WD40, however there was still a distinct lack of grease in the reel as every time he wound it in it still squealed like a pig in a slaughter house.

It was all very similar to last week, the all in whistle was sounded and I cupped In on my 2 lines before I sent the tip to the far rope. To my right George flung the tip to the far bank and was apparently using a a similar cage feeder to last week and was trying to knock the fish out. Tony Fry was straight into a carp on the corner of about 7lb and the rest on the tip didn't seem to have much.

 Nothing on the tip so I went over the ground bait line and had a couple of small blades and kept rotating lines but nothing to sing home about. All I could manage was about 30 small fish which wouldn't have been out of place in a small gold fish bowl. Paul was catching some nice skimmers as was Tony Newell. Lord C was also having a night mare but did catch a skimmer that had no tale and was covered in more blisters than Steve King's undercarriage and also manage a couple of small fish that he hooked in the stomach.


Now what I am about to write is not lies - I could see Shane on peg 11 actually bagging and every time I looked up and he was into another his tongue was nearly in his lap. Simon next to him was also was catching, so again the predominantly end pegs on that end of the lake were preforming



The last 30 mins I did hook a carp just on straight lead and 3 maggots but as I got it close I could see that it was wrapped around some red hydro and a Drenhan 1g float, me being the kind hearted person I am, released the fish from my hook but managed to keep the hydro and float to add to my collection.

By the end a few were packing up as fishing was great for some of us and were glad when the all out hooter was sounded.


 Results

 Overall

 1st - Shane Western -60lb - 06 oz
2nd - Dave Tungstile - 50lb - 04 oz

Silvers

1st - Tony Newell - 13b - 09 oz
2nd - Dave Allen - 11lb - 04 oz


Well done to everyone who attended today and those who stayed and helped weigh in.


Next week we are at Somerhayes on Longs. Please note we are trying to get a match as long as possible and the Draw will take place at 8.30am with fishing 9.30 to 3.30 where possible.


Also time is running out to enter the xmas draw, monies to Tony Fry before the 30th November - please note that if its not received by this date you wont be entered










No comments:

Post a Comment