Monday 2 December 2019

Summerhayes - 01.12.2019





Todays trip was to Summmerhayes fishery where 14 anglers braved the cold conditions. Following from a sharp overnight frost this was followed by a cold north-easterly breeze which was blowing right down the lake.


I arrived to see just sharp shopper Shane the only person there who was quickly putting on many layers of clothing. Pete arrived and opened the building where we could get out of the elements and get a nice warm cuppa by which time a few more keen anglers had arrived.


After a chat about the Xmas Fayre and prizes, the normal football banter with George and his beloved Bolton, how much a better angler Danny was compared to George and Lord C on pegging duties it was all in for the grand draw. Peg 17 was drawn as the golden peg.


Draw as follows


Peg


1- Queenie
4 - Eric
7 - John Bradford
11  -Tungsten Dave
12 - Mutant George
15 - Bob
17 - Tax Man Brian
20 - Mario Tony
25 - Danny
29 - Nige
31 - Lord C
33 - Dave Allen
34 - Sausage
36 - Shane




So lots of space today between anglers and with the silvers normally well in the pegs 31-34 I thought a few could be caught. These can also be good for carp and looking at the draws the carp anglers were mainly on Silver Pegs and vice versa.


I looked at dobbing bread but at 16m with the wind proposed to increase I thought that Id keep things short and go for silvers by fishing micro over a thimble of ground bait with lines at 7 and 9 meters and set up some light 0.2 gramme floats. The all in was called and I went straight over the 7m line. My neighbour for the day Lord C went out 14.5m with bread and hooked a carp straight away, the lost it shipping in. I was still waiting over my short line for something to happen when Lord C hooked anther carp and lost that one before finally netting a small carp and a roach. My float still just sat there, I moved onto my right hand side 7m line and that sat there as did the right and left 9m lines. I rotated and changed baits but absolutely nothing. Danny who was up to my right some 4 swims away, managed to catch a very small roach, then I saw him after a couple of hours remove his nets and start fishing around with his landing net before returning to fish his pole line  and this continued on and off for another hour or so, I could only imagine that he dropped some fishing tackle although there was a shout that he dropped a penny. It wasn't until Lord C went for 1 of his 5 a day (wee break that is ) that I found out he actually lost his teeth.


After 4 hours of trying and rotating my lines without a nibble I decided that Id go long at 16m and dob some bread, I had an immediate bite but lost it when shipping back but the next time I went over I landed a carp to about 5lb. The wind was getting up a bit and was difficult at this length to present anything s I went over my short lines and still nothing. I decided to see out the remainder of the match and set up a tip rod with a bit of meat and landed another carp straight away. That was it for the remainder of the match for me. Lord C landed a skimmer that I thought was a bream with the amount of elastic coming out but his bites were few and far between.


I wasn't sad to hear the all out cried after a disappointing match and from the results sheet I'm sure others were also happy,


Results


Overall


1st - Dave Allen - 35lb
2nd - Brian Chivers - 22lb - 11 oz
3rd - George Fletcher - 20lb - 02 oz


Silvers


1st - Martin Weston - 6lb - 03 oz
2nd - Tony Newell - 2lb - 03 oz
3rd - Paul Bowyer - 1lb -02 oz




Next week the match is at Trinity Waters - Draw 8.30 - Please let Shane or Steve warren know if you want to fish. I am not there next week so If someone could take a photo of the results and send to me Il update the blog.


On the 22nd December the Xmas match is to be held at Trinity - entries now closed with 29 member booked in. There is an optional super pools to be held on the day £10, this will be paid on 1st and 2nd only for Overall weight and Silvers


Breaking News


On a practice session today at Summerhayes - prior to writing this blog I landed a very strange fish on Longs, I think it found Dannys teeth




Image result for fish with human teeth





Full Match results















No comments:

Post a Comment