Monday 11 November 2019

TRINITY - 10.11.19

Todays venture was the popular Trinity Waters - Woodlands Lakes. With the weather not being great with a frost followed heavy rain on Saturday and a chilly North Westerly wind we all expected it to fish hard. The forecast for the day was windy to start with and slightly overcast and later it was brightening up with the wind dropping.

When I arrived I was pleasantly surprised by the number of vehicles there. Following on from last weeks disappointing numbers we had anglers returning from their holidays and work commitments and therefore we had 20 anglers that were keen to battle the cold.

After loading the trolley and taking it across the saturated grass I was keen to get my cuppa and squeeze into the hut out of the wind. After a chat with a few there was the want for favourable draws on the far side of the lake where the wind would be on their backs and the sun in their faces compared to that of the near side bank where the wind would be directly I their faces. I paid my fees to Shane and gave Eric some maggots who in return gave me some pinkies,that were to be honest, past their best before date.

Martin did the pegging honours, with Danny organising the draw - Golden Peg was drawn - nos 10, on the far side bank.

The draw was made as follows

Peg

6 - Rich Coles
8 - Queenie
9 - Chairman Kev
10 - Dettal
11 - Dave Harvey
12 - Stan
13 - Danny
15 - Lord C
17- Me
21 - Sausage
22 - Mutant George
23 - Stroppy Steve
24 - Eric
25 - Locky
26 - Tax Man Brian
27 - Shane
28 - Mario Tony
29 - Dave Allen
30 - Tunsgsten Dave
31 - Nice Guy Rich

I set up 2 silvers rigs as this was my main target today and just in case a carp rig on the edge. I was only fishing 9m today, 1 straight out and the second to my right with some micros on my second line and ground bait and dead reds straight out. I actually set up really quickly and by 9,30 I wondered to my van to pick up some bits and pieces and had a chat with a few, then I was told we were fishing 9.45am to 3.15pm. After beating George to 2nd place last week he gave me a few expletives and told me that he  to smash me today well i think that's what he said in his strange accent.

On the whistle a balled in a small ball of ground bait and put on 2 dead reds and fished straight on top. All going to plan as within the first 1/2 hour I had about 2lb in the net with a few small blades and a few bits and this was steady for 2 hours. Then the wind dropped and the sun came out and I couldn't get a nibble even by alternating between lines. I moved a meter further out and picked u a few more.

On my left Sausage was alternating between the waggler and a small feeder and this was very successful for him with only small fish but constantly catching. George was cursing and not catching and you would have thought he might have learnt a thing or 2 after having a practice on Thursday.

To my right I couldn't see Lord C but I could hear him catching a few and as I had a great view down the lake I could see what people were catching. Danny had caught a nice golden Tench early doors and Dettal had a couple of carp. But there really wasn't much being caught. I had a nice bream around 4lb towards the end of the day and thought I catch 1 or 2 more but that was my last fish. By this time I was getting a bit chilly and people were packing up, so I was happy when the all out was called.

Results

Overall

1st - Steve King -         27lb - 02 oz
2nd - Shaun Larkham   16lb - 14 oz
3rd - Tony Newell        11lb - 06 oz

Silvers

1st - Danny                 - 12lb - 14oz
2nd - Dave Tungsten  - 12lb - 07oz
3rd - Dave Harvey      - 10lb - 04oz

So a really hard day, which shows from the result sheet below, but well done to everyone that turned up and gave it a go even if it was disappointing fishing.

Thanks to Danny, Lord C and Queenie for weighing in again, Shane for taking the money it makes the day easier for everyone when we all chip in and help.

Please note - we are trying to get 6 hours of fishing in so we aim to start at 9.30 so will draw at 8.30 until further notice. Please can you pass the message on and remember to book your places early if you haven't already done so.

Also please note that deadline day is looming for the cut off entry day for the xmas fair. No entry after 1st December and fees must be paid up front

Next up is Avalon Fishery - 8.30 draw







No comments:

Post a Comment