Monday 18 November 2019

Avalon Fisheries - 17.11.2019



Todays outing was at the popular Avalon Fishery.  A good turn out of 17 anglers all there by 8.30am so we drew at 8.45 and today we were fishing 9.45am to 15.30pm. It was slightly overcast but not an ounce of breeze and wasn't overly cold, and the lake had a nice sheen on the surface. Lord C had a wander to choose the pegs and all but 3 anglers would be on the same bank.


The previous day there was a silvers match held and the winning peg was nos 11 which produced in excess of 20lbs. So the silver fishermen were licking their lips in anticipation.


George tuned up and said he was doing something different as Dannys pension provider couldn't afford to keep paying out - George was going on the tip, ( apparently purchasing Shanes tip rod) - to be honest must be good as new as Shane wouldn't have caught anything on it.


Golden peg was drawn and today it was peg 14


Draw as follows

1 - Steve King
5 - Steve Warren
7 - Shane
9 - Lord C
10 - Mario Tony
11  -Charimand Kev
12 - Danny
13 - Eric
14 - Dave Allen
16 - Mutant George
17 - Nice Guy Rich
19 - Nige
20 - Sausage
22 - Dave Harvey
26 - John Bradford
28 - Rich Coles
30 - Dave Tungsten


Today I set up a tip as fishing an end of island peg and 1 line at 8m with ground bait and dead reds and one at 13m micro. I could hear the request to nice guy Rich for help from George as apparently his line was tangled around his rod and he couldn't see properly to untangle. I thought to my self that this could be a fun day listening to the woes of George and his master class tip session.

To my left I had Sausage as company and he set up the waggler and short pole line, however there was a distinct lack of grease in the reel as every time he wound it in it squealed like a pig in a slaughter house.

The all in whistle was sounded and I cupped In on my 2 lines before I sent the tip to the far bank. To my right George flung the tip to the far bank and was apparently using a cage feeder, by the amount of splashing it made at every chuck it sounded as if he was casting a lion cage but after a chat with nice guy Rich he lengthened his cast to get closer to the island and used a smaller feeder;  however I don't think he had any success.

After 30 mins I had my first fish, then another for approximately 10lb in the first hour. It went quiet so I went over the ground bait line and had a couple of roach. Onto a 4mm pellet over the pellet line and a tiny bite that I struck at and the elastic came out but only just a few feet and I thought I was into a bream, after 10mins I landed a decent carp to about 10lb, then nothing again for the remaining hour. I ended up switching between pole lines and tip and managed to catch fairly regularly all day.

Sausage on my left, fishing for silvers, reported that he had hooked 10 carp and landed 3 but had thrown them back; however he was still catching  silvers.

Nice guy Rich to my right was also on the tip casting to and end of island and was catching but apparently they were only small fish and not the regularity that he wanted.

The all out was sounded but un known to me many anglers found it difficult and had already packed away.


Results


Overall


1st - Dave Allen - 92lb - 05 oz
2nd - Steve King - 66lb - 10 oz
3rd - Nigel Coram - 54lb - 09oz


Silvers


1st - Paul Bowyer - 5lb - 10 oz
2nd - Dave Tungsten - 5lb - 04 oz
3rd - George Fletcher - 3lb -15 oz


Well done to everyone who attended today and those who stayed and helped weigh in.


Next week we are at the Sedges - Brick Lake. Please note we are trying to get a match as long as possible and the Draw will take place at 8.30am with fishing 9.30 to 3.30 where possible. Also time is running out to enter the xmas draw, monies to Tony Fry before the 30th November.

No comments:

Post a Comment